Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help me wire my stereo please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Default Help me wire my stereo please.

Ok so i just recently purchased a new pioneer premier DEH-P410UB. i have connected it and it does not turn on and i am getting very irritated already with it. checked online and no one can help... ok so i am going to skip the speakers because that is just common sence. ok so comming from the stereo pigtail end i have folllowing. Yellow wie: connect to the constant 12 v supply terminal. Red wire: connect to terminal controlled by ignition switch (12 V DC). Orange wire wth white stripe: Connect to lighting switch terminal. Blue wire with white stripe (system remote control):Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). That is what the instructions read. Ok now the pigtail harness that comes from the car and what it is attatched to. Yellow wire: 12 Volt Batt/Memory (connected to stereo yellow end). Red wire:12 Volt ignition/Acc (connected to stereo red end). Blue wire: Power antenna (connected to stereo blue end). Orange wire black stripe: Negative dimmer (connected to Orange wire white stripe stereo end). Orange wire: illumination (capped off). I have also tried illuminationwith the other 2 orange wires but nothing. tried illumination alone to. this is my first stereo installation =[.I have tested all the fuses including the one on the back of the stereo, they all work. Please someone help me so i can get passed this bs part already. Any help apreciated.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 AM

WOW ground wasnt touching right even though i messed with it over and over. Problem solved.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 PM

anyone heard about aiwa brand stereo for cars?I would love to purchase them but at the moment I have pionner installed.