Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

maybe i should stop street racing lol.............

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator
Default RE: maybe i should stop street racing lol.............

true..running from police is different...im talking about street racing. technically, and according to the laws, there is never a need to break the posted speed limit. youre going to be late? you should have left earlier.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

so, just to play devils advocate...

none of you going on about street racing being stupid...none of you have ever exceeded the speed limit, or launched from a stoplight hard..ever?
I know your not stiking up for them. But my problem is running from the police and racing they way these kids do. It is so far from safe its not even funny (or cool) I have raced on the street and gone fast in my car ect ect. Would I run from a cop NO, would I do this in any type of traffic no way. I dont even like to get on it anywhere but the highway because my car is actually fast and it is unnessasary to be pushing it on small public roads where anything is more likly to happen.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Banned

I agree with you patrick. But like the example i gave, sometimes you need to speed for reasons like that.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: Patrick

so, just to play devils advocate...

none of you going on about street racing being stupid...none of you have ever exceeded the speed limit, or launched from a stoplight hard..ever?
I know your not stiking up for them. But my problem is running from the police and racing they way these kids do. It is so far from safe its not even funny (or cool) I have raced on the street and gone fast in my car ect ect. Would I run from a cop NO, would I do this in any type of traffic no way. I dont even like to get on it anywhere but the highway because my car is actually fast and it is unnessasary to be pushing it on small public roads where anything is more likly to happen.
i think that the problem is anymore, that kids watch these FATF movies, so they go park in an empty industrial park, or parking lot, and organize races...then lots of the other retards go to watch. normally, them just killing themselves and each other is ideal, as it is just a mechanically encouraged form of natural selection, but what makes these crowded street racing scenes even worse, is that they are doing it on fairly busy crowded roads, at hours where most people are still out and about with their families.

I wont deny street racing, or excessive high speed driving. especially when i was younger, i made LOTS of quarter mile passes on the street. there were usually 3 or 4 of us (vehicles) and it was basically two witnesses and two racers. we raced VERY late at night, in the middle of no where. we raced on a stretch of roadway where there are hillsides on both sides of the road, with no crossroads..there was no risk of traffic or people crossing our paths. but i see so many threads and instances in real life, of retards who are racing in busy areas, with crossroads and foot traffic...and as much as i hate to say it, this is due to the rise of import performance, or what alot of kids perceive to be import performance. my car has a bit of money into it to run in the low 12s, as due most cars, and when i raced on the streets when younger, so did the other cars. there were never 18 second base model corollas packed full of subs, with huge wheels...weaving through traffic, calling it "racing"...the problem is that kids now stick some decals on a slow car, and "go racing"...

Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

I totally agree with that. If they where able to just kill themselves then awesome.... but it doesnt work like that. Innocent people are getting killed

Old 08-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Ok.... This is just goin in circles..... i've explained this a couple of times and you guys come back around..... 1st we dont race on busy streets or strrets with intersections..... these are remote areas with long straightaways, 2nd these races are between 2 cars... 3 at the most... On a4 lane road.... 3rd if they see any knid of traffic comin they wait till everything is clear, they dont just take off,4th we dont always run.... most cops just pull up and everybody leaves like normal.... when the cop is being a dick is when we run.... 5th like I said before... we dont run from the popo on bussy streets.... usually we split up and pull into neighborhoods and loose them there.... so we dont get into high speed persuits..... Ive explained it a few times but you never pay attention and come backtalk bout the same thing over and over again....

Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 AM

yea but clipse1 there is obviously some civilization near these races. becuse the cops are showing up. Someone has to call so someone has to witness what is happening so its not that far out in the middle of nowhere. and diping into neighbor hoods is even more unsafe. god forbid someones kid crosses a street. It doesnt change that what your doing is unsafe and going to hirt someone at one time or anonther. Dont agrue it. youve been close already and so have a few others on this site and if you dont learn then at some point it will just be to late after you hurt someone or yourself.

If I am going to street race I would go out to a long long straingh we got out in the woods where there are no houses , no cars , no life beside animals the road is random and I dont think I have ever seen cars drive on it but even still I have never raced out there. I have only just got on it for a second