Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Post Whoring Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Default Post Whoring Issues

Lately, I have read quite a few threads which contained heated discussions about post whoring. I feel that it would be appropriate for me to say what is, and is not, to be tolerated as far as post whoring.

We may have some members who are not technically sound, but in their own way, they contribute to the overall growth of the forum. These members may post most or all of their posts in off topic, and so long as those posts/threads offer something for the forum to discuss, I have no problem with them. However, some threads are obviously just made for whoring. Examples of these posts are threads such as "say something about the person above you", "one word stories", etc. These threads happen at every forum, and they do not bother me for the most part, but at some time, they will be locked, especially if there are multiple whoring threads open at once.

I dont want people to be shy to post, but at the same time, new threads should be things that pertain to mostly everyone. For instance, dont post threads like the following:

----------------------------
Title: Hey Patrick
Body: How is your car coming along?
----------------------------

Something like that can be passed through PMs or AIM. However, if someone were to start a thread about their project, and ask about mine, that is different.

Also, if youre going to reply to a current thread, make sure that your reply has some substance to it. The following items are not acceptable as replies:

+1
yes
no
smiley only posts

Those replies above dont add anything to a discussion, so they are essentially worthless. If you dont have more than 1 word to say about a subject, you shouldnt bother commenting.

In short, make sure that your posts have some substance, make sure that new threads pertain to the group and can generate some discussion by the group, and if there is a ***** thread going, keep the whoring to that thread, and only that one thread. Any questions, please feel free to PM me.