Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question: Names we give our cars and trucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Default Question: Names we give our cars and trucks

Howdy all! I’m fairly new to Mitsubishis, and have next to no experience with them. My daughter bought not one, but three Monteros, all with problems of sorts. I was a mechanic for 13 years, mostly on diesels, so I came here looking for resources and information to help my daughter learn how to maintain and repair her Montero.

My daughter’s newest Montero has a problem that I posted in the Montero section, and Akzle, a senior member, posted an interesting subject! What we name our cars and trucks! Apparently, he or she likes to name his or her vehicles based, “ by color or engine spec”. (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...48/#post303383 ) My daughter’s last Montero is named “Missy” because the family that she bought it from had a six year old girl who called it “Missy” because, “Missy is a girl who likes to go hunting, and likes to go fishing with a dress”.

Soooo… the question is, do you or your family name your cars, and if so, what and why?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 AM

i have popcorn and deckchairs, and this is boring already.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Akzle
i have popcorn and deckchairs, and this is boring already.
That's okay Akzle. You south pacific islanders should be used to boredom.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:54 PM

youve obviously never been here.

Its alright. When im bored i can jump on the internet and rark up americans with an undeserved sense of self importance.
=)
have a great day mate =D

Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 AM

youve obviously never been here.

Its alright. When im bored i can jump on the internet and rark up americans with an undeserved sense of self importance.
=)
have a great day mate =D
You're right. I'm new to this site. But that's okay. So were you at one time.

I agree there are a lot of Americans who feel self important. Many are arrogant too. I've seen many during my travels to other countries, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I'm a believer in learning at least the basics of the language and culture prior to traveling to those countries. Then again, my parents were not born in the US, and neither was I. I don't claim to be better, just different. I also know not all Americans are arrogant and self important.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:00 AM

Akzle, I see I may have misunderstood you when you said I've obviously never been there. I took it as I've never been to this section of this site. If you mean to a south pacific island, I have. I've lived on one for four years. In the end, I realized boredom is a state of mind. You allow yourself to be bored or not bored. Usually, it's a comparison between how busy or occupied one was compared to the period of time where one isn't doing as much. If one is used to not doing much, one wouldn't be bored doing much. If, on the other hand, a person is used to keeping busy, one gets bored easily. That realization helped me when I sat in the Iraqi/Saudi desert for several month.

But, I digress. You said you found waiting and watching was boring you.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:48 AM

'boring people get bored'

i wasnt speaking literally, my humor doesnt always translate across internet, text, culture &c.

Just know, that i dont take anything seriously, and mean no offense.
Except to mikey, who is criminally stupid.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 PM

i have a holden that will not run and nobody wants it i call "Akzle"

Old 07-12-2014, 12:15 AM

'boring people get bored'

i wasnt speaking literally, my humor doesnt always translate across internet, text, culture &c.

Just know, that i dont take anything seriously, and mean no offense.
Except to mikey, who is criminally stupid.
Humor rarely translates well over cultural borders. There are exceptions though. Germans usually get sexual jokes well. Russians jokes and life lessons are vague to the western ways of thinking. I enjoy reading and listening to jokes from around the world as it gives me an insight on how cultures think and work.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:43 PM

A german joke is no laughing matter!

if you think russians are bad, try some buddhist stuff...

Quick Reply: Question: Names we give our cars and trucks