Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

shops in MASS are pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Default shops in MASS are pathetic

the other day i was at this kidd's place, he just bought a shop a few months ago, he usually only does rims and stereo systems(which i heard he hacks in there). and the other day he pulled in the most beat up civic i've ever seen with a busted bosy kit almost falling off, and a huge wing that made it almost impossible to open the trunk(it was a spoiler for a pick up too,lol) and they said they're gunna go a turbo gsr swap on the car. so almost bursting out laughing, i asked him who he is gunna have to tune the car(for the turbo and all), because i know he's never done it and has no clue about the performance aspect of cars, and he told me he was going to do it by hear [sm=badidea.gif], BIG TIME!!!! right when we left i looked at my buddy and said this car's gunna be in the junkyard before you can say OH s*** that sounded like a rod thru the block,lol
this whole thing made me think, of how much $$$$ my buddy and i could actually make. the only reason behind me thinkin' this is because I actually kno a wee bit about performance and all that stuff.
(and if you're even thinkin' about it, NO i never have and never will bring my car to him to have work done)

Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned
Default RE: shops in MASS are pathetic

I think of these things daily.... right behind you on that one.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 PM

yeah man gettin' charged 80 bucks an hour for sum1 who knows jacks***, i'd charge them 60 and they get quality work
i'm not sayin there's no good shops around, but most these days r fu**ed, and it's sad to see it

Old 01-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hey if you ever want anything put on or need performance help in mass im sure keith wouldnt mind using the shop. We have any tool you could ever need and also a 2-post lift. We were going to try and do a little performance shop but it seems we never really have much time to get into the whole thing of opening a shop up to the public. But we were thinking that little side jobs might work.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Hey if you ever want anything put on or need performance help in mass im sure keith wouldnt mind using the shop. We have any tool you could ever need and also a 2-post lift. We were going to try and do a little performance shop but it seems we never really have much time to get into the whole thing of opening a shop up to the public. But we were thinking that little side jobs might work.
Open a shop to the public as NEVER the plan. other wise we all would need to put alot of hours in which no of us can do. The shop is mainly on for us (friends). Im sure he would do side jobs out of the garage but keith cant have half of his house going on inside the garage like it is right now. This winter is pretty much not a car garage to work on the cars it more of the spot where he works on his house cutting wood and all that fun stuff

Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

well no i was just talking about how a while back we were discussing doing stuff on the side. Not like a full time thing but just getting something going. That was a while ago though. But thats all i was talking about. Not like a full time thing.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 AM

It was never going to be more than just for friends type thing. Keith sometime offers to work on other people's cars but it doesnt even happen. We have to many projects that are on going in that shop that no matter what we couldnt even ork on anyone elses cars. Since the Evo is always under the knife as is the stealth, and soon to be MR2. Oh and carls car ect ect ect. it only a matter of time befroe the vette gets so dress up

Old 01-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Yeah that's tru cuz I was suppose to bring my car by once, but never ended up actually doing it. And he didn't pick up his phone cuz he was too busy videotaping sum n00b trying to run decent times at the track in his evo,lol