Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some fines are ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Default Some fines are ridiculous

my friend got pulled over on sunday for having too dark of window tint (16%), and received a ticket for 300 dollars. After the cop had given him this one, he decided to check the car for anything else wrong, and he managed to find that the front license plate is missing (this is a "no-no" in oregon), and then gifted my friend with another 98 dollar ticket for the plate.

those are some big fines for some serious nothings.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Default RE: Some fines are ridiculous

but they could have been avoided if he had fallowed the law :-p

Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 AM

Sometimes the law should be ammended. There is still an old law in Michigan that states that it is illegal to have sex in any other position than missionary. Obviously, it's not enforced and was a ridiculous law in the first place.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:34 AM

wow, that sex law sucks, i bet all **** coming from michigan is really boring lololol, and yeah i live in VA and they have a law against freaking EVERYTHING!!!!

here's it's actually illegal to mod you car for the most part: no exhaust, no ecu flashes, nothing like that.....

......im moving

Old 05-31-2006, 11:03 AM

What are these "law" things you speak of? (I live in 'Bama [8D])

Old 05-31-2006, 11:25 AM

laws liek that are everywhere.....just like in some states its illegal to have sex withsome you just met or something like that its really gay... but the 20% window tint law is lagit...and so i the taillight thing and and having 2 plates is lagit too....but some cars you cant put a front plate on there....

Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 AM

Tacoma police are going after car thieves, by giving car owners tickets!

Isn't that special.

Here's the scenario:

Cold morning. You go out, start up your car and then retreat back to your cozy living room while it warms up.

Tacoma P.D. says that's just an open invitation for some thief to hop in and simply drive off.

So, to cure people of their own stupidity, police hope to beat the thief to the scene, and tuck an $86 ticket under someone's unstolen windshield wiper.

Punishment for not having your car stolen.

And lest you think that only those living in Tacoma are ticket bait, think again.

Any police department can write up the same citation.

You're OK if the car's warming up in your driveway, but if it's parked in front of your house on the street, uh-oh.

Taking this to its illogical conclusion, we should soon expect laws that penalize us for allowing our library cards to fall into the wrong hands, or for leaving our bank receipts intact at the ATM.

That's our world today: $86 tickets for NOT having our car stolen.

Hell, I know of car thieves who got off easier than that.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

my friend got pulled over on sunday for having too dark of window tint (16%), and received a ticket for 300 dollars. After the cop had given him this one, he decided to check the car for anything else wrong, and he managed to find that the front license plate is missing (this is a "no-no" in oregon), and then gifted my friend with another 98 dollar ticket for the plate.

those are some big fines for some serious nothings.
yeah I got pulled over one morning in Lake oswego. Night before drank I dont know how much. So I was probably still legally drunk, pretty hungover, and a cop passes my opposite direction and nails me for my 5% tint when I had my jetta. $325. to add that...I was late paying the fine so they upped it 60 buck for late charge. So my orginally was 228, so my tint job was actually like 500 hun. lol..actually no lol...stupid Lake oswego Cops

Old 05-31-2006, 02:47 PM

Damn cops and there enforcement of laws...how dare them...

Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 PM

Anarchy anyone?

Quick Reply: Some fines are ridiculous