Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some fines are ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Some fines are ridiculous

Well this is very simply fixed...put on 20% and put on the front plate...No more problem.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: nYOfas

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

my friend got pulled over on sunday for having too dark of window tint (16%), and received a ticket for 300 dollars. After the cop had given him this one, he decided to check the car for anything else wrong, and he managed to find that the front license plate is missing (this is a "no-no" in oregon), and then gifted my friend with another 98 dollar ticket for the plate.

those are some big fines for some serious nothings.
yeah I got pulled over one morning in Lake oswego. Night before drank I dont know how much. So I was probably still legally drunk, pretty hungover, and a cop passes my opposite direction and nails me for my 5% tint when I had my jetta. $325. to add that...I was late paying the fine so they upped it 60 buck for late charge. So my orginally was 228, so my tint job was actually like 500 hun. lol..actually no lol...stupid Lake oswego Cops
wheres lake oswego? i live in oswego new york right next to lake onterio lol...

Old 05-31-2006, 06:38 PM

Maybe "oswego" was a major typo for "onterio" ? [:-]

Old 05-31-2006, 06:54 PM

Heres a story for you. I cam home one night and some was throwing a party so I had to park mad far from my house. I was in the house for a while and had been drinking, I realized I left my smokes in the car so I ran out to get them. I noticed that I left my sunroof open so I started my car to close sun roof. There was a cop in the parking lot and pulled up on me and put the spot light on me. I closed the sun roof and got my smokes closed the car and he walks over to me and says you look like you have been drinking. Long story short I recieved a D.U.I in my parking lot for not driving. This was when I was living in Richton Park (a suburb of Chicago) Anyway, in IL when you refuse to blow the automaticly suspend your DL for 6months if you blow and pass you are fine, if you blow and fail you get suspended for 3months needless to say I blew it had been a few hours since I had a drink. The legal limt here is .008 I blew a.009 I got a D.U.I which cost me about 2000 plus 300 for a lawyer and they towed my damn car.
To this day I still can't believe it and my insurance went up 200 a year.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM

When I was goin to Uti an automotive school the cops were have there way with students there. The 1 1/2 yrs I was there I must have accumulated over $1500 in citiations. I hate cops lol.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM

It's because you're black... i bet the cop was a white female wasn't it? lol .. Racist hoz [:@]

Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 PM

One of them was a old white due the other was a young white dude with a flat top. Yeah I think because I am a black and I never use my race as an excuse for anything.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:04 PM

I can use it as an excuse FOR you though.. since I'm white... very white. Do you mind? lmao Because that's bull **** that you got a DUI.. if the cop was sitting there watching you, they knew that you got in there to get something then went back inside... you were drinking.. at your HOME.. that's not illegal.. plus you never drove your car.. how can you even get a DRIVING Under the Influence? It'd be more appropriate to get nailed for Public Intoxication.. but even then, you were just walking to the street and back to the house.. stupid cops.. err..

Old 05-31-2006, 07:26 PM

It's the same way here in the state of Pennsylvania...They can still give you a DUI even if you weren't driving but have the keys in the ignition...it's a totally bull**** law especially when you were only closing your sunroof but they did it because you had your keys in the ignition..A friend of mine got busted for that too when he got kicked out of the bar for fighting and the cops came when he was just sitting in his truck waiting for his ride home but his keys were in the ignition so they busted him right in the parking lot for "DUI" even though he wasn't "driving".

Here is a bull**** fine I got a couple of Octobers ago in my GS-T...A cop in my town fined me for going through a yellow light $104...I didn't even stomp the gas to try to beat the red light! I guess you can't have a decent ride in this town without "attracting attention" and also jealousy

Old 05-31-2006, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mysterio2099

Maybe "oswego" was a major typo for "onterio" ? [:-]
No I was talking lake oswego In oregon, Jeffindesenct would know what I am talking about.

Quick Reply: Some fines are ridiculous