Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some fines are ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Some fines are ridiculous

ORIGINAL: NubianSithLord

Heres a story for you. I cam home one night and some was throwing a party so I had to park mad far from my house. I was in the house for a while and had been drinking, I realized I left my smokes in the car so I ran out to get them. I noticed that I left my sunroof open so I started my car to close sun roof. There was a cop in the parking lot and pulled up on me and put the spot light on me. I closed the sun roof and got my smokes closed the car and he walks over to me and says you look like you have been drinking. Long story short I recieved a D.U.I in my parking lot for not driving. This was when I was living in Richton Park (a suburb of Chicago) Anyway, in IL when you refuse to blow the automaticly suspend your DL for 6months if you blow and pass you are fine, if you blow and fail you get suspended for 3months needless to say I blew it had been a few hours since I had a drink. The legal limt here is .008 I blew a.009 I got a D.U.I which cost me about 2000 plus 300 for a lawyer and they towed my damn car.
To this day I still can't believe it and my insurance went up 200 a year.
Dude all you have to do is have the key in the ignition. A guy I worked with was drunk and had a DD. The car broke down and refused to start on the side of the road. So he got out and into the driver's seat with doors still open tried to crank the car. No start still. He was sitting in the drivers seat with the car off and the 4 ways going. Got arrested from D.U.I., got a ticket for NO seatbelt on, AND his car got towed. How's THAT for some BS. All because the key was still in the ignition.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

but they could have been avoided if he had fallowed the law :-p

In oregon, the max tint you can have is 45%...THATS NOTHING. it will change the color of your window to look a little like pee, but it does NOTHING for tint.

and some cars just look a lot better with out a front license plate

Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mysterio2099

What are these "law" things you speak of? (I live in 'Bama [8D])

rofl. hicks.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: nYOfas

ORIGINAL: mysterio2099

Maybe "oswego" was a major typo for "onterio" ? [:-]
No I was talking lake oswego In oregon, Jeffindesenct would know what I am talking about.

yeah, i used to live there for a while.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: nYOfas

and nails me for my 5% tint when I had my jetta. no lol...stupid Lake oswego Cops

wait wtF. 5%!?!?! IN OREGON!?!?!?!? YOU CANT EVEN SEE OUT OF 5% ON THE HOTTEST, BRIGHTEST DAY OF THE YEAR IN THIS STATE!!!!

You have a periscope dont you?

Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Banned

Wouldnt simply editing 1 post make this a whole lot easier?

Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 AM

I am just happy because Ohio just got rid of their emission laws. Time to get rid of some emission restrictions.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Wouldnt simply editing 1 post make this a whole lot easier?

no. it really wouldnt. [sm=nono.gif]

Thats not his index finger.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Well this ones kinda funny....no ticket but still a good story.

Mike really had to **** and it was late so we didnt know any place nearby that had a bathroom, so i pull behind a restaurant that was closed and shut my lights off. Mike gets out and walks into the woods when all of a sudden i look behind me and there is a big spotlight on my car, im like wtf. Mike saw it so he immediately comes back to the car. The cops start thinking that were doing drugs or something, cuz they start asking all these questions. Long story short they just let us go. The catch is, mike didnt even get to go to the bathroom.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:19 PM

read these laws............

http://www.legal-forms-kit.com/legal...s.html#NewYork

Quick Reply: Some fines are ridiculous