Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

sorry mitsu family :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Default RE: sorry mitsu family :)

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

take ur car to a track. post a time. you'll be slapped back into reality when you see your 16.--
LMFAO!!! na nanah17.432 in a 1/4 miles 102.32MPH. Man I was goin so fast down that baytown raceway that I thought I was gonna go back in time.
But for real tho I know my car is slow and its known for being that why thats y I love it so much. I draw less attention to myself. So I get less ppl wanting to race me and less cops pulling me over. Thats why Im gonna stay with the sleeper look and still debating on repainting it.
ummm your joking right?? that time is not real. Johns Turbo MR2 ran a 14.55 at only 98MPH how the hell do you figure you can trap 102? 102 MPH traps are that of a 13 sec. car.

oh and AWD conversion is no going to happen either why in gods name would you waiste all that money instead of spending half the amound and buy a GSX and re badge so it looks like an RS or something cause you whole sleeper dream is kinda bogas no offence

Old 02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Damn beat me to it!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 PM

I think he has you rc.. After all, He is driving a GTS...

Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Crap mispost..

Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 PM

he has me? HAHAHA TA i hope you are kidding... 152hp with 3k of weight... come on now. i have 196hp at 2200lbs... even if he had 252hp at 2900lbs i'd still beat him.

i'll be pushing apx 160-170whp and by the middle of 09 be pushing 300whp along w/ another car (looking like its gonna prolly be a EVO IX)

Emonz said it all. if you plan on going awd in your rs/gs than you are flat out - AN IDIOT! and i'm not sorry for beling so blunt. you could spend 5k on a running GSX w/ mods!!! it would cost you OVER 5k just to do awd. but if you like spending un necessary money than go ahead.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 AM

Ya, I was. I actually like the new lancers, but I wouldnt buy one b/c its fast by anymeans

Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

take ur car to a track. post a time. you'll be slapped back into reality when you see your 16.--
LMFAO!!! na nanah17.432 in a 1/4 miles 102.32MPH. Man I was goin so fast down that baytown raceway that I thought I was gonna go back in time.
But for real tho I know my car is slow and its known for being that why thats y I love it so much. I draw less attention to myself. So I get less ppl wanting to race me and less cops pulling me over. Thats why Im gonna stay with the sleeper look and still debating on repainting it.
ummm your joking right?? that time is not real. Johns Turbo MR2 ran a 14.55 at only 98MPH how the hell do you figure you can trap 102? 102 MPH traps are that of a 13 sec. car.

oh and AWD conversion is no going to happen either why in gods name would you waiste all that money instead of spending half the amound and buy a GSX and re badge so it looks like an RS or something cause you whole sleeper dream is kinda bogas no offence
Your right that was a time I just made up joking on myself in attempt to show how slow my car is. Stocks run around 17's@ around 80 something MPHin a 1/4 mile. But seems I have offended other 420A owners which I apologize for. The Mitsubishi Eclispe is not the only car to have theChysler 420A engine in it. Your right I could of bought a GSX and spend a 2k less in modsbut then Ill be another guy in a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX.The reason Y I want to spend that kind of money doing that is cause I want to do something different.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:08 AM

But your not doing anything different. There have been hundreds of 420a owners on here who " plan to AWD" or "plan to turbo" or Even "plan to make 700WHP" its not that different. at the end of the day even if you make it quick (cause it wont ever be fast) it is still and eclipse. you think mustang onwers give a **** what letters are on the back? they prob dont know the difference anyway so the fact of the matter is that everyone for the most part will just say oh look another turbo DSM. Last I looked DSMs were a little played out.

let me refraise. they are soooo dated

Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM

ok you get 2 cool points for wanting to do something different but if you go up to anybody who has any knowlege of the dsm world and tell them that you have a 420a pushing 300-400whp with awd... they will plain LAUGH IN YOUR FACE and prolly call you stupid. or if they are nice or don't have any ***** they'll ask "why didn't you save yourself 15 THOUSAND DOLLARS and just buy a gsx for 5 grand and spend 2 to make it everything that you have now? 15 thousand dollars, do you have ANY idea how much money that is? thats half the money that a school teacher makes in a year before taxes. for somebody who wants to do an awd turbo'd gs you must be pretty young. and at a young age it's nice to have these kind of goals and dreams but once you actually start buying parts and realize how much 1 thousand dollars really is... i think you'll grow up and get a clue.
i know b/c i wanted to do the same thing. was like, oh awd hell yes, oh, turbo hell yes. i even went futher than most people do. i had a
spare block/maincap and a
COMPLETE bottom end rebuild w/ forged pistons
knife-edged crank
forged rods
cometic head gasket
urethane motor mounts
rod bearings
main bearings
arp head studs
arp main studs and all of the machine work done to it.
i also had a turbo, turbo manifold, wideband, safcII, and a fmic.
but before i installed everything after spending about 2 grand on all of this (with some KILLER deals) i realized that i STILL needed injectors, peformance clutch, engine management, piping, bov and TUNING.
i had well over another 2k to spend before this thing would have been 300whp.
so lets review shall we? 4k in parts and tuning, 6k for the car = 10k for 300whp. ORRR GSX is 5k, 16g kit is 2k, that's 7k for 350Awhp. make since yet?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 AM

i cant believe people still want to turbo a 420a this is madness. and to think about making it awd? what are they millionaires with tons of cash to blow. we should just make a subject about 420a's and say ITS NOT WORTH TURBOING SO FORGET IT!!!! i cant believe all these people still want to do that. man im sick of seeing them say i want to turbo my rs or gs i cant believe they are still looking at doing this. its driving me insane

Quick Reply: sorry mitsu family :)