Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

today

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Default RE: today

talk about off topic.. I wish I could join in the fun "gun" talk, but I know nothing about rifles... Im one of those.. POINT AND SQUEEZE kinda guys.. we throw rock every once in a while.. but we blast the clays with a 12gauge..

I've shot a 10mm (I don't know gun talk) before.. that was cool. LOL

k, im done now

Old 10-06-2004, 07:56 PM

That's right, I shot the a1 in basic, and a2 when I re-qualed... The 9 mil is only for pilots, security forces, and a few other jobs in the af. So I never got a change to qualify for it. But oh well.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:58 PM

hey man, its ok, i didnt know **** about em before i joined the service, now people start talkin bout guns and i just have to join in, funniest thing i ever saw with a gun was a recruit in bootcamp shoot one of the company drill instructors in the ***, it was raining out and this DI was mouthing off to this recruit on the firing line (a very very big no no), well the recruit lost his concentration, dropped the rifle and didnt have the safety on, oopps......... well funny and scary i guess, but the whole damn platoon got punished for something that was the DI's fault, (go figure) and the recruit got sent back to processing day one, thats the first day we were even at the depot for training, not even considered in training yet, and he had 2 1/2 weeks of training left, out of 13 weeks, sucked for him........

Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 PM

yea, the only reason i got to shoot the 9 mm is cause my MOS was Marine Security Forces....... otherwise i never would have, messed up my instructor when i told him i had never fired one before and scored higher on the pistol range than he did........hehe, he was pissed........

Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 AM

i shot a 22 and just an air riffle at targets we had most of our meets at purdue Indiana we shot prone.kneeling,and standing. prone was the best you can keep yourself more still and my score was always higher .

Old 10-07-2004, 11:51 AM

Same here burnt... ive shot rifles but i trap shoot more than anything... i use my buddy's 12ga trap and soon to be my 20 ga. The trap gun is great though. full choke so it has very little kick, but that makes a much smaller pattern. They have vox controlled throwers. you say pull and it throws. 400 clay magazine... we compete to see who can get first shot and who has the most clean-ups. Workin on getting my Hunters saftey instructor card, but i have a few more classes to teach before i get it.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:33 PM

yea, the wierd thing is, i can shoot very accurate with a rifle and a pistol, but i cant shoot trap worth ****, seems like it should be easier, considering you have a wider range of projectiles flying toward a target, but who knows............. oh, and if youve ever shot a .22, its just like shooting a 5.56, same kick, bullets are just a little bigger in the 5.56.........

Old 10-07-2004, 02:37 PM

i agree with the accuracy thing... rifle is easier than trap... you have to know how your guns shoots... the trap gun i shot had to lead the target but aim (sorry... Point) below the target. the 20 ga almost had to follow the target to hit it.

Old 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM

hmmmm maybe this would be another good point to start a new topic...

Old 10-07-2004, 03:46 PM

any suggestions?

Quick Reply: today