Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Volvo brake/tracs system... What the hell??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Default Volvo brake/tracs system... What the hell??

Recently I replaced something called the "Bevel gear" or something like that... Once before replacing said item, my ABS light and the triangle with the car skidding out (Trac. Ctrl?) light came on. They turned off once the car was shut down, but then came back while driving one day. They light up pretty often now, at random, and shut off about as often. The other day, while driving they came on again, shutting off my cruise ctrl. and moments later my speedometer dropped to 0 (even though I was going about 75) seconds after that, my odometer zeroed out and then everything came back after I put the car in neutral (still at 75) I put the car back in gear and am now unable to replicate the problem. Though the ABS light, brake light and trac. ctrl. light(?) still turn on at random. WHats my cars f*cking problem?? anyone?? This morning BTW, I heard a slight ticking sound in the area where the power brake resorvoir is, so long as the brake was held. Dont know if thats relevant... thought Id mention it though. The brake fluid is at an acceptable level, btw.