Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whats your take on the PS3's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Default RE: Whats your take on the PS3's

That too, Ron. lol

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

my take is that i won't own one until they are less than 300 bucks... lol
I got my xbox 360 for $5...no lie

Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: DeathCabForCutie

ahhh yes right now the Xbox does have better graphics...HOWEVER, its only a matter of time until developers actually take advantage of the blu ray, and make the microsoft fanboys cry... Did anyone mention that Sony Online is free vs live's 50 bucks a year???

Wait for Devil May Cry 4.....that will be the turning point of the graphics battle...garanteed
did you forget Xbox Live is far more advanced than PS3 online. There is a reason you pay you get a hell of a lot more out of it. and youdo understand the 360 isnt even close to its fullest potencial either. both systems are not pushing yet. and as of right now the PS3 only gives you a few good games and the rest horrible graphics poor online gaming horrible servers. and $200 more plus I think ever person I know has had there PS3 replaced or returned already cause they burn up. I know one person on Ps3 # 3 cause the first 2 burned out. I will never cry over blu ray. Think about it the graphics are that ad on Ps3 in that side by side comparison and the PS3 also had how much longer to get it right after the 360 was release? what was it a year later and it still sucks
The side by side comparisons are for now unacceptable. Give it a year....Microsoft's HD-DVD's arent even in the same league with Sony's Blu-Ray discs....seriously...check some of the specs....Come on man...you drive an evo..dont you know by now that foreign engineering always wins???? lol

Old 04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

i have seen this argument everywhere, to the point where i have banned people who wouldnt stop arguign about it...i dont understand why the xbox people are so quick to immeadiately talk trash on EVERY thread, at every site, anytime someone asks a question about the PS3...their whole argument is "the xbox costs less"...so what..so the base model lancer is better than the evo, because it costs less? the xbox people need to get the chip off their shoulder and stop ruining threads about the more expensive system. "you can buy this and this and the 360 will do everything that the ps3 does"...right, and i can buy a bunch of stuff for my lawnmover and it will kill an evo...doesnt make them equal. "xbox live is better than sony online..or whatever its called."..i dont care. i spend ALL DAY arguing with people online, when my work day is over, i want no parts of the internet. i couldnt care any less about the online play.

you get what you pay for..i have a xbox, ps2, and ps3. i wont buy 360 until forza 2 is out, and both of the projects are on the road and the wedding is done with...but i was always very very unhappy with my xbox. i bought it strictly for forza. i bought the system, and within a few days, it stopped working. i took it back, and got a new one. no big deal, right? wrong. xbox memory cards dont support all games...wtf you would have it so that your removable memory cannot be applied to all games makes no sense..so when i returned the xbox, i lost all of my progress on the game...with the next console that i got, i still had the occasional disc read error.

not to mention, i have a TON of ps and ps2 games..i havent found a single game that wont play on my PS3, and i have not downloaded a single update.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I never say that the 360 is better cuz of price. Honestly i dont car cuz i could easily get a PS3 for only $5 if i wanted too. I just dont want it. But i only brought up the prices cuz he brought up the fact that i pay for online. Thats it. My only arguement was because of the whole better graphics crap. Which im tired of hearing because honestly when both systems begin to use their full capabilities, they changes in graphics will be so minor it doesnt matter. To me its about the games. And IMO Xbox has the better games. I love Test drive unlimited which to me is one of the best racing games. And of course forza 2 will be amazing.

I sucks that you had a bad experience with xbox, because the 360 really is alot better than the old system in every way. I guess to someone where backward compatibility matters and you have all those games then the PS3 is good. Buti never play older games. I always end up just trading them in.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

i went through a bunch of postsa while back about this at a few forums...i found abotu a dozen threads where people asked questions about PS3, and xbox fanboys posted up replies like "sell your crappy ps3 and buy a real system"...i just dont see why xbox people have this dire need to defend their system.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

well when someone says, " i like the ps3, i think it has really good graphics and good games....ect" thats fine. If they like it then go ahead. Its when people say that ps3 blows xbox 360 out of the water that pisses me off. Cuz most of those people dont even own a 360. So their claim doesnt mean anything. I just dont want the OP thinking that 360 is a pos because someone claims that the ps3 is far superior.

They are both very good systems...ok now im done with this thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Thank you patrick.

PS3 = better system. 360 = cheaper system. PS3 worth the extra cost? You decide. Personal preference on that one. But price asside, the PS3 is a better system.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Thank you patrick.

PS3 = better system. 360 = cheaper system. PS3 worth the extra cost? You decide. Personal preference on that one. But price asside, the PS3 is a better system.
minu the blu ray it is not better... go look at the prosessor. the Xbox is more advanced. PS3 has blu ray and that is all. the side by side comparison show it all. Its not like I did the screenshots. And I am not trying to shoot it down but at the end of the day it does not blow 360 out of the water not even close. Down the road we will see but I dont think it will. They are similar but the games out now for the PS3 when compaired look terrible with the exception of a small few.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer
I never say that the 360 is better cuz of price. Honestly i dont car cuz i could easily get a PS3 for only $5 if i wanted too. I just dont want it. But i only brought up the prices cuz he brought up the fact that i pay for online.
Hey John, wanna makea profit? i'll give you 20 bucks for 5 ps3's... thats 3x what you would be paying.... lol with me selling them for 400/i'll be putting 1900 towards my EVO fund... so it's for a good cause :-D

Quick Reply: Whats your take on the PS3's