Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
HE is right?
90.91%
SHE is right?
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

who is right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Default who is right?

My fiancée and I are at a standstill. She has an online friend who is over 3,000 miles away. When they first met, they made a promise that if the other had a question it could be brought up and talked about honestly and with all seriousness. Most of the comments have been of sexual nature because he is a virgin and is asking her for her advice. Although they don’t want a serious relationship with one another, each for their own reasons, they do joke around about being together. Now that she and I are serious about being together, I would like for her to stop talking about all that is sexual and keep the conversation G-rated. Since they knew each other before her and I were seeing each other, she doesn’t think that it’s fair to her online friend to restrict their conversation. She knows that I disapprove of her talking about sex with him because I feel that it’s disrespectful but she doesn’t think that it is disrespectful. She has told me that if I were to joke around in the same way with my online contacts, that she wouldn’t have a problem with it because she would know that I am just playing with them.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Default RE: who is right?

ORIGINAL: chadinfla
she would know that I am just playing with them.
that is the problem right there.... you dont Play with people like that.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

You know what... i say neither.

There are a few opinions on the subject that i am going to express though. For example... i dont feel its right to put restrictions on the relationship in terms of conversations with friends. I say let her talk about what she wants and with who she wants. Let her be free.

Think of it this way, what is it going to do to you if you let her do as she wants. Believe it or not she will most probly be happier in general the less restriction you put on her. It will most probly make her more likely to stick with you and stay faithful. In other words you will probly get laid more.

I dont feel that its right to restrict a persons free will... that will only lead to jealousy and unhappiness and she might even go as far as to cheat on you. You want to avoid all negative emotion. However… you should never assume she is telling you the 100% truth.

I honestly cant see what problem you have with it. Now, if she tries to restrict you… then you stand up for yourself and say that you aren’t putting restrictions on her… and she will shut up.

Just one more thing… if she does cheat on u or anything… just take it mellow… say that’s ok… I still love you… but if im going to stay with you then I want you to get rid of this other guy… and when she has done that… you bang her a few times… and when you get bored you bring it up… and you end it right there. Call me an ******* but when a girl cheats she loses the right to be treated as equal.

I hope i have helped in some way...

Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 AM

ok.... i myself would leave a women that is doing something that i dont like, not saying that would bother me, but idk it isnt happening to me but still, u have to be happy to have a good relationship.. I have found the perfect girl for me. if thers a problem with somethings shes doing, she stops, if the girl is going to be like that and not listen to you over a person that is 3,000 miles away that just wants to talk sexual (no affence) but id say shes a biatch. in this situation i think the things that bother you are WAY more important than her sexualy chit chat mate that she has never met. and like you said, your not even asking her to stop talking to this person, your just asking to keep it apropriate... tell the women to show some ****ing respect for her man, cuz seriously man, id boot the biatch to the curb.

JUST MY OPINION, DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO A WORD I SAID.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:54 AM

who meets people online? and talks sexualy to them? she should deffinately calm it down a bit if she is in another serious relationship.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Banned

LOL hatch i KNEW you would say something like that. Although i have to agree with you.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:35 PM

i think you should get you a little friend and see how she likes it, maybe get one closer tho lol that'll show her

Old 09-30-2006, 01:31 PM

cmon, i think he is tryin to save the relationship, not screw it up. but imo, that is goin a little far what she is doin.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:47 PM

got a womans perspective on this from my wife........she thinks it is direspectful and inapprpriate. You should be committed to the man you love and not the cyber boy you flirt with ..........the sexual nature is going way to far with an internet contact. thats suppose to be reserved for you partner , unless you are swingers....lol

Old 09-30-2006, 06:08 PM

99 has nailed it, so to say. Disrespectful? Absolutely.

Quick Reply: who is right?