PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2017 Mirage 1.2l No pedal response in Drive or Reverse.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 09:34 PM
Default 2017 Mirage 1.2l No pedal response in Drive or Reverse.

Heys guy,
I have a 2017 mirage 1.2l that came in the shop a few weeks ago. Customer complained that the car wouldn’t go when put into drive or reverse. They already had another shop replace the accelerator pedal assembly and throttle position sensor. And this one has me scratching my head so far.
First thing I did was hook up my Handy Dandy scan tool. No codes.
Next thing I did was check both parts to make sure they had been replaced properly, and were functioning. Data checked out, engine was responding to the pedal. UNTIL I put the transmission into drive. As soon as I put it into drive the engine would no longer rev up in response to the pedal. The engine would only idle, and the data for the APPS and TPS stayed at minimum values. Same exact situation when put into reverse. The engine will only respond to the pedal when the transmission is on park or neutral. Happens everything single time with not a single change. Transmission can see which gear it is in, and neutral safety switch is fine. Checked the wiring for the APPS and TPS along with connectors just for giggles. Everything was fine. It doesn’t seem to be an electrical problem. From what I’m seeing it’s like the computer is throwing the car into limp mode of some kind. But there are no codes, check engine light, or other indicator to confirm this. I checked the fuel pressure, transmission fluid, and pulled the pan to see if it was full of metal. But all was good. Anybody have any suggestions or experience with this problem?