PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

I think I kacked my ECU

Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Default I think I kacked my ECU

Bought a 2007 Outlander LS 3.0 yesterday, used car lot. Wouldn't crank this morning, battery was wrong type/style, replaced battery with new correct model. On the positive wiring harness, there was some kind of bus block, two white wires one red around 8 ga. The bus hung over the side of the battery, when I put the new battery in, the bus broke, so i replaced the battery terminal, removed all the wires from the broken bus, and wired them to the new terminal. The 8GA wires were a little short, so I clipped a tie down to free up the wires and move them closer to the terminal. When I attempted to start the vehicle, a loud click sounded when I turned the key to start, engine would not turn over. Inspecting my work, I found when I moved the wires closer to the battery, I pulled one of the ECU wires free from the harness, if you have the ECU troubleshooting diagram, it was wire 71 (solid white on bottom of small connector). The ECU troubleshooting diagram does not list a function for this wire. I disconnected the battery, replaced the wire, and reconnected the battery.
I get the same single click when I attempt to start the vehicle. With the key on, I can jump the starter solenoid and turn the engine over, but it is not firing, I'm not getting any anti-theft / error messages on the display. Help me figure out how to correct this.

Please