PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

I think im fuel cutting if anyone can help please do

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Default RE: I think im fuel cutting if anyone can help please do

regaurgless if the BV is leaking you should get a different one. Becaus the HKS is not helping your issue THEY SUCK ON CARS WITH MAFS.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM

what kind do you recommend i get? and i still have all the stock pipes. should i upgrade or am i fine for now?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 PM

your fine unless you want and upgrade. However the BOV needs to be changed. cheapest best bet is a 1G crushed BOV, Greddy type S with recirc connected works well too but the HKS SUCK ***** on these cars.

BTW the BOV MUST be recirculated into the intake for the car to run properly. WE need a pic of your engine bay

Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 PM

i do have the BOV recurculsting. i took pictures but im having problems posting them up. they dont want to upload. i cheked for boost leaks today and found none. i put 15psi through the lines and not a single leak. and my fuel preassure is good. i think it might be the fuel pump thats just not putting out enough volume. i already addresed spark so i know its not it cause it has new coils , wires and plugs. and it always cuts at exactly 10psi. thats when it starts sputuring. im running out of options. if i get a bigger pump and evo injectors do i need a tune rightaway? or will the ECM compensate and drive just fine?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Its not your pump. I think your missing something. for one you need to test for boost leaks more than 15PSI. Pump the hell out of it

Old 03-07-2008, 07:44 PM

the boost leak tester available to me is for VW and only alowes me to go up to 15psi what other area do you think i have a problem with. the only other option i have is taking it to a tunning shop not too far from my house and let them figure it out. but i really dont want to do that. they seem like hacks and everytime i call they treat me like im retarted untill i told one of the kids that im a certified VW tech. they think they know everything. and so far i have not spoken with anybody as knolagable as your self. your my only hope. i believe i have coverd all the basics. unless its my ECM that took a dump. and does not know what to do when more than 10psi is in the engine. what else should i do?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Well is your BOV a ebay HKS version? either way get rid of it first off. your car shouldnt run more than 12PSI on stock boost maybe 14 if it has the BCS mod. It SHOULDnt fuel cut at all unless you have a boost leak. running a 15PSI test is not doing to much really. are your plugs new or old? have you tried regapping them? What octane fuel are you running? 93 or 91 I hope

Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 PM

yeah i got new plugs and new NGK plugs. gaped running 93 octane fuel and i still have the stock BOV but i have to weld the flange onto the pipe or i can get another BOV sont know what kind. i chcked the wires to my ECM and i know that some have been taped so somebody has been messing with them i dont know if that has anything to do with that. and i got the BOV off a performance shop by my house

Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

More than likely that has something to do with it