For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM

This is a one owner, every option car. I will try to list everything you need to know and will answer questions by email (toekneer@gmail.com)if needed.

2001 Eclipse Spyder convertible
3.0 liter, 5 speed, front wheel drive
Power steering, 4 wheel ABS
Power windows, locks and driver seat
Remote trunk latch
OEM security, 2 keys and remotes, valet key
Patriot Pearl Red exterior
Tan cloth top with hard vinyl(?) boot
Tan leather interior (seats and carpet)
97,xxx miles
Bone stock, no mods

This was a Mitsubishi executive car. I bought it in California with 10,000 miles on it and am the only registered owner. I moved it to Indiana about 8 years ago. The mileage was 65,000 at the time, freeway between LA and Santa Barbara. The car has had all services performed as recommended or sooner and always garaged. It has never required oil to be added. It has seen snow and some salt, but was frequently underbody washed.

The condition is very good for its age. It has the expected front lip dings, but the paint is solid and the car was fully detailed last year. There is no body damage of any kind. There is no rust, no rattles, no leaks and no squeaks. The top had a 2 inch tear when I bought the car which the dealer repaired. It was invisible for about eight years and now shows. It does not leak and the detailer assures me it can be invisible again. There are two small door dings on the driver's side that are hard to photograph, but I will try. The detailer said "paintless repair" would make them almost invisible for about $50 each.

The car has a power retractible top. The motor on the right side is drawing a lot of amperage and will probably fail if overloaded. Since I put the top down in the summer and up in the winter, I chose to let my wife push the button while I assisted the right side going up. Going down is no problem. There is also the option of disengaging the power top with a switch near the driver's side tail light.

The tires have about 13,000 on them, lots of tread, but they are 4 years old.
There is no visible deterioration of the sidewall that I can see.

The only other item is that the airbag light comes on sometimes. It is intermittant and I think it is a connection under the drivers seat.

I came to this forum first because there are probably more people here who have appreciation for this car than elsewhere. I really thought this would be my last car (I'm 72), but I finally found something I couldn't pass up - a Honda S2000 roadster. I would like to see the Spyder go to someone who will give it the rest of its potential life.

I see prices all over the map so I am not sure what to ask. I think the car should be worth $5,600 to $5,800 in my area. Email if you are interested.

Thanks, Tony.

Attached Thumbnails 2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx-eclipse2.jpg   2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx-eclipse1.jpg   2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx-eclipse3.jpg   2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx-eclipse4.jpg   2001 Spyder conv/5sp/3.0 97,xxx-eclipse5.jpg  

Last edited by toekneer; 06-30-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by toekneer
this is a one owner, every option car. I will try to list everything you need to know and will answer questions by email (toekneer@gmail.com)if needed.

2001 eclipse spyder convertible
power steering, 4 wheel abs
power windows, locks and driver seat
remote trunk latch
oem security, 2 keys and remotes, valet key
patriot pearl red exterior
tan cloth top with hard vinyl(?) boot
tan leather interior (seats and carpet)
97,xxx miles
bone stock, no mods

this was a mitsubishi executive car. I bought it in california with 10,000 miles on it and am the only registered owner. I moved it to indiana about 8 years ago. The mileage was 65,000 at the time, freeway between la and santa barbara. The car has had all services performed as recommended or sooner and always garaged. It has never required oil to be added. It has seen snow and some salt, but was frequently underbody washed.

The condition is very good for its age. It has the expected front lip dings, but the paint is solid and the car was fully detailed last year. There is no body damage of any kind. There is no rust, no rattles, no leaks and no squeaks. The top had a 2 inch tear when i bought the car which the dealer repaired. It was invisible for about eight years and now shows. It does not leak and the detailer assures me it can be invisible again. There are two small door dings on the driver's side that are hard to photograph, but i will try. The detailer said "paintless repair" would make them almost invisible for about $50 each.

The car has a power retractible top. The motor on the right side is drawing a lot of amperage and will probably fail if overloaded. Since i put the top down in the summer and up in the winter, i chose to let my wife push the button while i assisted the right side going up. Going down is no problem. There is also the option of disengaging the power top with a switch near the driver's side tail light.

There is no visible deterioration of the sidewall that i can see.

The only other item is that the airbag light comes on sometimes. It is intermittant and i think it is a connection under the drivers seat.

I came to this forum first because there are probably more people here who have appreciation for this car than elsewhere. I really thought this would be my last car (i'm 72), but i finally found something i couldn't pass up - a honda s2000 roadster. I would like to see the spyder go to someone who will give it the rest of its potential life.

I see prices all over the map so i am not sure what to ask. I think the car should be worth $5,600 to $5,800 in my area. Email if you are interested.

Thanks, tony.
car has been sold

Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by toekneer
this is a one owner, every option car. I will try to list everything you need to know and will answer questions by email (toekneer@gmail.com)if needed.

2001 eclipse spyder convertible
power steering, 4 wheel abs
power windows, locks and driver seat
remote trunk latch
oem security, 2 keys and remotes, valet key
patriot pearl red exterior
tan cloth top with hard vinyl(?) boot
tan leather interior (seats and carpet)
97,xxx miles
bone stock, no mods

this was a mitsubishi executive car. I bought it in california with 10,000 miles on it and am the only registered owner. I moved it to indiana about 8 years ago. The mileage was 65,000 at the time, freeway between la and santa barbara. The car has had all services performed as recommended or sooner and always garaged. It has never required oil to be added. It has seen snow and some salt, but was frequently underbody washed.

The condition is very good for its age. It has the expected front lip dings, but the paint is solid and the car was fully detailed last year. There is no body damage of any kind. There is no rust, no rattles, no leaks and no squeaks. The top had a 2 inch tear when i bought the car which the dealer repaired. It was invisible for about eight years and now shows. It does not leak and the detailer assures me it can be invisible again. There are two small door dings on the driver's side that are hard to photograph, but i will try. The detailer said "paintless repair" would make them almost invisible for about $50 each.

The car has a power retractible top. The motor on the right side is drawing a lot of amperage and will probably fail if overloaded. Since i put the top down in the summer and up in the winter, i chose to let my wife push the button while i assisted the right side going up. Going down is no problem. There is also the option of disengaging the power top with a switch near the driver's side tail light.

There is no visible deterioration of the sidewall that i can see.

The only other item is that the airbag light comes on sometimes. It is intermittant and i think it is a connection under the drivers seat.

I came to this forum first because there are probably more people here who have appreciation for this car than elsewhere. I really thought this would be my last car (i'm 72), but i finally found something i couldn't pass up - a honda s2000 roadster. I would like to see the spyder go to someone who will give it the rest of its potential life.

I see prices all over the map so i am not sure what to ask. I think the car should be worth $5,600 to $5,800 in my area. Email if you are interested.

Thanks, tony.
car has been sold.