For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

DSMLink v2.5

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Default DSMLink v2.5

I have the Link from my 2g that I will no longer be using. I burned the downloaded program on a CD, a printed out copy of the instructions, and the most important part is the cable, which is included. It is also setup so you will get a member log on to the DSMLink forum, for support and such. The cable is for a 2g. $500/shipped. This is for Link only, you will still need a socketed EPROM ECU.[/align]

Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: DSMLink v2.5

Just to clarify...the cable that you are talking about...do you mean the OBDII plug? That is really the only thing that cannot be bought off of Tom or DSMLink by itself. A serial plug can be bought anywhere. I'm assuming that you are according to this
The cable is for a 2g.
but just want to clarify again.
Are you also selling the chip?

I'm not trying to jack your sale thread. I just want buyers to be informed of what they will need and what they will get.
I fully support DSMLink, since I have it also. I just don't want people thinking that they can just DL the program onto their laptop and go to town tuning.
If you're not providing the chip for the ECU, then the buyer will need an EEPROM ECU (nothing out of the norm there) and get it to Tom at DSMLink to get the chip soldered in or he can send you the chip for you to solder onto the board.....
Then the buyer can hook up the laptop and tune away.

[align=center]**this is just a clarification post, not intended to downplay the**
**sellers thread**

[/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 10:40 AM

Yes it is the OBDII DSMLink plug. It is what makes Link work with our cars. You will need a socketed EPROM ECU. And Thomas at DSMLink can make you a "custom" chip once you get your tune done, so if you lose battery power your tune stays the same.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: TX97GST

Yes it is the OBDII DSMLink plug. It is what makes Link work with our cars. You will need a socketed EPROM ECU. And Thomas at DSMLink can make you a "custom" chip once you get your tune done, so if you lose battery power your tune stays the same.
That's only on 1Gs bro. The 1G has a "memory chip", the 2Gs don't. The chip is programmed with the fuel injector size and it's deadtime/global fuel setup and the air is programmed to be used with a stock or EVO MAF. That initial tune is basic and needs to be adjusted once the ECU is in the car or the car may run poorly and even good, but it won't be tuned. Those are the only things saved on the chip because it's preprogrammed. Your actual tune is erased once you remove power.
No worries though, because the tune is saved on the laptop or palm pilot. You just have to reflash the chip with that info.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Update: This is now a complete DSMLink. It has been impossible to sell without the chip, so I purchased a "chip" (stock settings)from DSMLink and a clutch wire, and an original cd. So this is now the same thing you would buy directly from DSMLink, just for less.

Here are some links to DSMLink in action in the car. 1st one is tuning runs down the track (and my ugly ***), 2nd is my best FWD lauch thus far.

Tuning
Launch

Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Sold.
Please close thread.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM

Good news. Glad you got it sold bro.