For Sale / Trade Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 (not running - Free!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Default FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 (not running - Free!)

Hey folks - just joined to see if I could give away this car, rather than send it to the junkyard.

What's wrong: The dealership claims that the battery, alternator, and radiator are all shot. It was running fine last week; I shut it off on Friday, and it wouldn't start on Sunday. Had it towed to the dealer.

What it is: It's a 1991 Galant VR4, with just over 120,000 miles on it. Black exterior, black interior. I bought it from a little old lady (really: my best friend's mom) about 5 years ago, with about 105,000 miles on it. Haven't put many miles on it. The interior is in great shape. Radio/CD still works. AC still works. Had a bit of a rough idle, but other than that it ran fine. It's completely unmodified, and has never been modified in any way. It's a great project car, or parts car. I've enjoyed it, and I'd rather see it go to someone who will make it run again, rather than have it shipped off to a junkyard, where no one will know what it is.

VIN: JAC3X56UXMZ012947

Price: Free to whoever wants to haul it away. I don't live around here (Raleigh, NC), and was just here visiting my family. I have the title with me, however, and will happily sign it over to anyone who wants to get it out of there. If more than one person wants it, I'll just take whoever pays me more.

Contact: you can message me, email me (david-dot-m-dot-hauser at gmail-dot-com) or call me (304-282-1261). I'll answer any questions people have, and can meet you at the dead car, if you give me a bit of notice.

Photos: coming soon (moderators: I see that a photo is required for the post; if you could give a day, I'll be happy to put some up. I just have to drive over and take some. I put up a photo of part of the title to show that I've got it.)

Come on, folks. This car deserves to live again.

Attached Thumbnails FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 (not running - Free!)-mitsutitle.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Default Thanks!

...and just like that, it found a good home. Thanks!