Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

1997 GSX Eclipse Vid. Crank it up!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Evo

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: skyline

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

yea but the C6 Z06 [sm=drooldude.gif] just a beautiful looking car. Sometimes its not all about the speed. Its about the repect and raw power
I respect the power don't get me wrong. But what's power if u can't put it to use on the circuit?
you havent seen an EVO with power then, they become just as bad when they get at 500HP too. it is hard to keep the rear end under wrapps. the Vette i bet is not as bad as you think on a circuit it is not just made to go fast it is so aerodynamic
Plus how many people who have the 65K are actually looking to bring their cars to the circuit? I don't know a lot people who would pick an Evo over a Corvette with the thought of the circuit. I personally would buy the Evo and save the extra cash left over.

Evos are fast and useful. Race 'em, Road Trip with buddies, drive around town. Crovettes are small and you can only fit 2 people. Boring road trip if you ask me. lol

Old 04-03-2006, 07:16 PM

2 seaters are the best for that... who wants to lug 5 people around all the time. the RX7 is a 2 seater I would love a car that small, my parents crossfire is a 2 seater and the feeling of sitting in a tiny car is so nice to drive.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 PM

eh....i did that for too long. i never got to drive anywhere w? friends. couldn't fit them

Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM

I love smaller cars I would so rather a 2 seater vs my EVO 4 door.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:53 PM

I guess we'll come to yet another disagreement. Don't get me wrong, 2 seaters are nice cars and really fun to drive, but if i came to me picking between a Corvette and an Evo VIII or IX I'd pick the Evo.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

I guess we'll come to yet another disagreement. Don't get me wrong, 2 seaters are nice cars and really fun to drive, but if i came to me picking between a Corvette and an Evo VIII or IX I'd pick the Evo.
your crazy....But then your looking at it as a daily driver. I am talking weekend worrior. I would soooo take a C6 or zo6 over the EVO any day. Plus I have a weakness for Mid engine RWD cars which are 2 seaters and on a weekend car 2 seater is the way to go, for a Daily driver ya space it better. I daily drive my EVO but if I were to make it really fast I would not drive it every day plus the plan to sell it so I dont want to waiste the money on another car yet. But When I get a supra it will only be a weekend car

Old 04-03-2006, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: PooT_Nation

your crazy....But then your looking at it as a daily driver. I am talking weekend worrior. I would soooo take a C6 or zo6 over the EVO any day. Plus I have a weakness for Mid engine RWD cars which are 2 seaters and on a weekend car 2 seater is the way to go, for a Daily driver ya space it better. I daily drive my EVO but if I were to make it really fast I would not drive it every day plus the plan to sell it so I dont want to waiste the money on another car yet. But When I get a supra it will only be a weekend car
aww i get ya. Ya, a corvette or rx-7 would be a great weekend driver. Something to take out on those clear days to show off. but definentally, more space is better for a daily driver

Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 AM

you havent seen an EVO with power then, they become just as bad when they get at 500HP too. it is hard to keep the rear end under wrapps. the Vette i bet is not as bad as you think on a circuit it is not just made to go fast it is so aerodynamic

I've seen the Z06 on the circuit and they have real problems with overstearing.....

I know a teacher at my buddy's high school that hits the circuits up on PA all the time and all he keeps telling us is how bad everyone gets mopped up by the Evos there.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Look we are not denying that the evo will eat up a rwd car on a circuit race. But i know if i bought a z06 i wouldnt be driving in a circuit. I wouldnt even want to do that with any car. Its a car to drive around town and cruise. That is why i would buy it over the evo.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM

Idk dude, I wouldn't just buy a car to cruise in it.......but that's just me I guess

Quick Reply: 1997 GSX Eclipse Vid. Crank it up!!!!