Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

91 Eclipse GS vs. Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Default 91 Eclipse GS vs. Acura TL

Sooo... this is a honest to god true story. My best freind and I were on our way home from working at the Madison International Speedway (Wisconsin) on a friday night (~11:30) and we decided to see if anyone we knew was still out on The Wash. We were in my 91 Eclipse GS. We met up with some freinds for a little then decided to head home. As we were leaving we saw a couple civics we knew and so we decided to take a lap around the capitol with them. As we were headed towards the capitol, my friend and I spotted a TL. We decided to go screw around and see if they bit. I might add that he was driving unusually slow in the far left lane. I pulled up next to him dropped into third and gave him a couple revs. After a couple seconds he revved back and did a count. We did a second gear pull from 25 mph and by the time we reached ~75 mph in third (according to my car) he only had me byhis frontbumper. [sm=wootwoot.gif]That was also with me having a miss-shift into third because my tranny grinds a little in third. Idk, what you guys think, but i don't think thatI did that bad for my first race and neither did my friend. I guess what really amazed us was that my car is pretty much 100% stock at that point (after market muffler only non stock part) and my exhaust had several holes at the time. Anyway, needless to say, I can't wait till my next race!

Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned
Default RE: 91 Eclipse GS vs. Acura TL

He must have been a terrible driver because they are just about double the power of the GS

Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Default RE: 91 Eclipse GS vs. Acura TL

yeah, thats why my friend and I were kinda confused... lol. I shoulda added that he challenged me to a light start later and kicked my ***, but we both knew who was gonna win before the green was even lit...