Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

dsm vs srt-8

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Default dsm vs srt-8

Well I'm making a left turn down Valley View over by my house I kinda give it some gas around the turn spinning my tires a bit, just for fun. When I look in my review mirror and I see a nice looking luxury car do the same thing and come right up on my ***. I quickly throw it into second and floor it and pull inches but he is still there. Were coming to the next light and the guy is looking at me, but I still didn't know what kind of car it was. Well the light turns green and I hit it so does he. FWD I just spinn out like a retard and pulls hard I mean kills me horrible, as he passed me though I saw what it was. 300c SRT-8. I was like oh Well he pulls instantly like 8 cars. I catch up and slow down to 20mph as we are coming to a light that was about to turn green for us. I said perfect I don't have to go from a stop taking his RWD advantage away from him. We are even when the light turns green and I floor it from second about 4000 rpm's. I stayed close to him through second with him pulling a little bit but the middle and top of third he just pulls me crazy!! 3 or four cars in a matter of seconds, I was damn. I pull up to him at the next light and said, "it's a SRT-8 huh!" He said ya 425 hp. I said ya it's fast. He said "well what do you have in there? I was a little suprised you kept up at all." I said "pretty much close to stock it comes with a small turbo". He was a cool older guy and said he hated his traction control. I asked if he could turn it off he said no. That sucks. While we are talking only going 15 mph he punches it again as do I and get a little tire spin but he just pulled away. Those things are fast! I like to see a older guy with a powerful car actully use it! At least he got a little suprised from a 9 year old DSM convertible.