This is why we wear seatbelts....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Default This is why we wear seatbelts....

http://www.nj.com/news/gloucester/lo...030.xml&coll=8

i knew both of the kids. one i was actually friends with, came at a bit of a shock, so you never know waking up what's gonna happen to ya. (they both weren't wearing seatbelts...)

Old 06-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned
Default RE: This is why we wear seatbelts....

Thats why is the law in Mass, click it or ticket. Massachusetts is serious about saving lives. Plus its just one of those things, I write them up every time i don't see someone wearing it, and tossing cigarets out the window!!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Yeah. 4 teens died here yesterday ... 14-16 years old... all because they didn't have their seat belt on.. and one of my friends from highschool died at 18 years old a few months ago because she didn't have her seat belt on.

I don't know why people don't wear them to begin with.. it's not like they're uncomfortable... for me anyways..

WEAR YOUR DAMN SEAT BELTS PEOPLE!!!!! [:@]

Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 PM

What a waste of youth!!! Please, always buckle up. You never know what might happen...[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

Thats why is the law in Mass, click it or ticket. Massachusetts is serious about saving lives. Plus its just one of those things, I write them up every time i don't see someone wearing it, and tossing cigarets out the window!!!!
we have that in NY too, click it or ticket you can give em a ticket for throwing a cigarret but out the wondow? thats wierd....i always wear my seatbelt i feel wierd without now...

Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Yes I give tickets for tossing cigarets out the window, cars have a ash try for a reason. It can even be a criminal offence, never brought it that far, but max fine is 500$ depends how much attitude they give me. Whats also great is that the state offers grant shifts for that click it or ticket. Its two different shifts, the grant states that we must pull over 3 cars a hour and write them citations in order to get that grant money for the station. You would be surprised how hard it is to pull over 3 cars a hour.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM

wow thats crazy i never knew that... good think i'm a non smoker :-P what are some other seldomly known laws?

Old 06-05-2006, 06:58 PM

yea, Im glad i had mine on

Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

wow thats crazy i never knew that... good think i'm a non smoker :-P what are some other seldomly known laws?
Ok guys, easy on the thread jacketing. I know it's not on purpose, but calm down. This is a pretty serious topic of conversation, so don't start talking about stupid laws different states have.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:29 PM

My step dad is a police officer here in Washington and I think max fine for the cigarette deal is around $900

Quick Reply: This is why we wear seatbelts....