Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

need suspension help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Default need suspension help!!

i have a problem with my 2002 lancer oz rally, and i dont have the money to bring it to a shop, so im trying to avoid doin that. let me give a background.

i had a bad pull in the steering (pulling to left) and the front right tire was worn very unevenly, so i got all new tires and got an alignment done. it fixed the problem of the car pulling, for about 2 weeks then it started pulling again. now the car is shaking which i can hear is coming from the front right. it is shaking when at speed but when im rolling slow i can hear a sort of thump sound from the front right. also when i make a right hand turn the front right tires squeel.

Now for the thing that has been wrong with the car from the time i bought it which may have somethin to do with this new problem. when i accelerate and am making a left hand turn i feel a violent shaking from the front right, but not if im not accelerating in the turn, only if im accelerating. this also happens if im accelerating and go over a small bump or hill (like after goin over a hilltop the suspension falls from under the car)

here is what im guessing, the ball joints may be bad causing the vibrating at speed and why the steering is pulling, and the hub bearign may be bad because of the violent shaking under acceleration and turning. any and all input would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-18-2009, 02:51 AM

ur tire is scrapping the inside of the wheel well lots of reasons this could be happening ur axle could be bent or other things surrounding ur suspension if u put new rims and tires on ur ride that were bigger than that of the factory tires this also could be y