Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Tein Spring

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Default Tein Spring

Hi,

Can any body help me with my problem regarding my lowering spring which i ordered from the internet.
Few months ago I order a Tein lowering spring from the internet. I have requested a lowering spring for Mitsubishi lancer 2005 model.
the product came here in Doha, Qatar after a couple of weeks... when we tried to install the spring to my car the front spring diameter was bigger than the stock that i got. the Tein spring diameter is way to bigg to fit the shock absorber plate. so we check the packaging and it was written Lancer 2002 (+) May question is... Is there a diffrence between Lancer In the U.S. and the Lancer here in the MIddle East? Can anybody explain it to me what is the difference? By the way may Lancers' model is (Lancer GLX full option) this is what they call it here in Qatar. its a sedan by the way.

Please can anybody help me. cause im planning to order a new Lowering spring again.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tein Spring

my only thought is that maybe your "GLX" package there, is what is equivalent to the ralliart package that we call it in america which according to Tein would be a different set of springs. Thats the only thing i can tell ya. I really dont know.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:36 PM

They have a Ralliart also here in Qatar. The GLX Lancer that i have and the ralliart here has the same spring diameter.
thats why i am to confident when i ordered those lowering springs in the internet. What do you think is the US version that will match the Lancer GLX here? so that if i will try to purchase another spring i will not have the same mistakes again. by the way thank for the reply.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

well i cant see that they would have changed them from one country to the other. It just wouldnt really be economical. So my only thought is that possibly they packaged the wrong spring. Thats all i can think as it seems you have the same models of lancer as we have here in the states.