Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder > 2nd Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2005, 02:36 AM

Default 2.0 dohc vs 2.4 sohc / ECU codes

Hi, I have a 99 spyder gs. I was wondering what the difference is between the 2.0 dohc and the 2.4 sohc. I know the spyder gs has a 2.4 sohc and all the other eclipse models have a 2.0 dohc, why put a different engine in just the spyder gs? If anyone has a pic of the 2.0 dohc non-turbo engine please post it here, Please!

Also, I was wondering how I can get codes from my car(without buying a code reader), I've heard that on some cars all you have to do is turn the key on and off in a certian sequence and the check engine light will blink out the codes, is this possible on a 99 spyder gs. Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:12 PM

Default RE: 2.0 dohc vs 2.4 sohc / ECU codes

the biggest difference between them is that the 2.4 is sohc and the 2.0 is dohc.... the 2.4 has loner rods and the pistons are larger in diameter, the compression is also higher in the 2.4, the 2.0 is a dual use engine, that is they put a turbo on it as compared to the 2.4 which was not designed for forced injection........ in that respect the head on a 2.0 gets better airflow...... the idea behind the 2.4 was to compensate for the weight of the top on a n/a engine cause with just a 2.0 n/a engine it would be slow as hell, the also 2.4 has a broader torque band than the 2.0 does which helps the acceleration of that heavy *** canvas on your car......... there is much more you can get into, but thats the basics, anybody else...........
Old 02-16-2005, 11:05 PM

so what do yall think is faster? Spyder GS n/a or Eclipse GS n/a
Old 02-17-2005, 08:54 PM

stock, almost stock......... its the spyder, no competition......... had several opportunities to prove it
Old 02-18-2005, 09:56 AM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: silverspyder
Also, I was wondering how I can get codes from my car(without buying a code reader), I've heard that on some cars all you have to do is turn the key on and off in a certian sequence and the check engine light will blink out the codes, is this possible on a 99 spyder gs. Thanks!
Well auto zone is just one if the stores that will hook up the reader for free.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:56 AM

Tags
20, 24, 3000gt, 95, code, codes, difference, dohc, eclipse, ecu, ecucodes, hookup, mitsubishi, reader, sohc