Originally Posted by BrokeDad
That's just weird it was not even hooked up. Perhaps it overloaded and burnt out some wiring and was intentionally disconnected. The cig lighter is a very high current circuit although these days it's used more for lower current items things like cell phone chargers, gps units, etc that don't draw near as much as the old push in lighter. I'd suggest at least investing in a cheap voltmeter if you don't have one for measuring. The center should be positive and the outside negative. You should see the cars battery voltage on the wires. If not start tracing backwards.
Sounds good to me...I actually had a screw fall in and it blew my fuse and most the wiring...Had to fish new wires thru....