Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder > 2nd Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Default 99 eclipse cigarette lighter not working

checked my fuses they are all good took the cigarette lighter apart and saw 3 wires.. a black a black/yellow/ and a blue.. black/yellow and blue went to the light so i hooked up the black to the black on the cigarette lighter itself... when i took it apart no wires were connected .. and still no power.. tryed buying a new 12v one from autozone and that didnt work either.. any suggestions?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:03 PM

That's just weird it was not even hooked up. Perhaps it overloaded and burnt out some wiring and was intentionally disconnected. The cig lighter is a very high current circuit although these days it's used more for lower current items things like cell phone chargers, gps units, etc that don't draw near as much as the old push in lighter. I'd suggest at least investing in a cheap voltmeter if you don't have one for measuring. The center should be positive and the outside negative. You should see the cars battery voltage on the wires. If not start tracing backwards.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
That's just weird it was not even hooked up. Perhaps it overloaded and burnt out some wiring and was intentionally disconnected. The cig lighter is a very high current circuit although these days it's used more for lower current items things like cell phone chargers, gps units, etc that don't draw near as much as the old push in lighter. I'd suggest at least investing in a cheap voltmeter if you don't have one for measuring. The center should be positive and the outside negative. You should see the cars battery voltage on the wires. If not start tracing backwards.
Sounds good to me...I actually had a screw fall in and it blew my fuse and most the wiring...Had to fish new wires thru....
Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Did you ever check the fuse?
-13.3 @114 holset hx35 @ 20lbs *needs new driver mod
1992 galant vr4
Old 06-18-2009, 12:12 PM

now does anybody know exactly what wires go to it? i can only see 3 wires and 2 of them turn the light on when connected so that only leaves me with one black wire left over which must be the power for the cig lighter?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Here is an online link to the 97-99 Eclipse Electrical Manual:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6721606/97...ctrical-manual

That should answer all your wiring questions.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 AM

alright so i have found out the blue wire is the hot wire... the green/white and black/ yellow is for the light.. and the black wire must be the ground.. so i hooked up the blue wire to the cigarette lighter and i still have no power to it.. ive checked the fuse and thats good.. i cant figure out what im doing wrong..
Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to TheEngineer

I would check for voltage with a meter on those wires and make sure they are getting power before hooking up. It could be either shorting out or the wire is bad.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pilsenblue
Even tho My car looks great It will never be fast. Kinda like a hot girl that dosent give it up
Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

well ive checked the wires and only the blue wire is hot.. im really lost on this so how difficult would it be to run a new wire for the cig lighter? can i run a wire to the fuse in the fuse box? id love to get it working the way it is right now but im out of ideas
Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Tags
08, 99, blue, cig, cigarete, cigarette, cigerette, eclipse, find, fuse, fuses, lancer, lighter, mitsubishi, wires, wiring