Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor transmission fluid changed and now drive feels funny

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Default Endeavor transmission fluid changed and now drive feels funny

I recently had the 90k mile service done to my 2004 Endeavor and they changed my tranny fluid during the procedure. Since then my drive has felt funny, I took it back to the dealership and the mechanic "drove it seven times" and everything felt fine to him. I can't accurately describe the problem (if it is a problem) I am experiencing as it is more of a greater level of sensitivity than anything else. It isn't slipping and after about a month of driving my fluid is still nice and ruby red. Is it just driving differently because the fluid is nice and clean? I am really paranoid all the time when I drive now and it is ruining my experience in the car as my fiancees car just dropped its tranmission so I am pretty paranoid about it I guess. Let me know what your opinions are.

Thanks,
agan

Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Default Tranny fluid

Since you have new fluid in the tranny, it is prolly helping the tranny out. With fresh fluid, it has better resistance to compressibility (the old fluid does wear out and absorbs stuff, like water), better lubricating and does not have any suspended particles in it. If the shift patterns change and/or the shifts feel softer or mushy, then you might have an issue, but if the shifts are crisp and no slips, then relax and no worries. The thing(s) that will kill a tranny is over heating it and running it out of fluid.
Rob

Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM

It isn't slipping however I have had a few really hard shifts and sometimes when I am driving in the highway at a constant speed 65-75mph it feels like it let's go for a split second and then picks back up but not long enough to make the engine rev freely. Both have just started hpappening last few days but the fluid still looks and smells perfect on the stick. I am completely at a loss and my problems are too infrequent for a mechanic to notice them. I have taken it
to two different Mitsubishi dealerships and two transmission shops with no definite answers.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Default How many miles ?

How many miles have you put on the fluid change? Also, did they disconnect the battery at all? Did they change the filter in the tranny? It could be a clogged filter (if not changed), because the tranny is being starved of fluid then spikes the pressure hence the hard shifts and dropping out (like going into neutral?) then coming back seems to me something is not quite right. Any others with ideas?

I had this happen to me when I changed the filter and fluid on a different car, I used a bit of grease (per the instructions) on the filter and the tranny DID NOT like it, funny shifts and such until it dissolved the grease away

Old 12-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Try resetting the keep alive memory, dissconect the battery for 5 min and drive it again.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Default Computer.......

So the computer might be in "limp-home-mode"? Makes sense.
Rob