Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
At this point, If I was in your position, I would remove All traces of the software.
Shut down the laptop.

Go to bed.
Latter (sleep seems to help)

Re-install the LEXIA software (Remember no AV). with the device attached and recognized.

Connect to the car then Activate.
I agree, at the present day I can only take a shower and enjoy the night, tomorrow I'll see what happens

Old 08-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
Sure, the green light is on at all times and 3 times flashing light green in tool when connected to the computer
Does the Lexia or PP software ask you to plug in your device even though it is connected? Does it do so when the device is not connected? You can start the software without the device, and it should not run at all.
If the above works properly, then its probably a problem between the box and the Outlander.

Also, the Outlander OBD port is very flimsy/moves quite a bit. Make sure you press down on the top of the port to make sure it is seated firmly on the connector.

I really think its a connection issue somewhere, as the cabling doesn't really fit that well.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:49 PM

Ok I just spent a good hour going through all the options in PP and Lexia. Even though I have enabled automatic locking, there is no option to unlock when in P anywhere.
Also, I noticed you can't change DRL settings in PP, as it asks for a 4 digit code (not 5). However, under the same menu in Lexia, you can change it with the 5 digit code.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Also, I noticed you can't change DRL settings in PP, as it asks for a 4 digit code (not 5). However, under the same menu in Lexia, you can change it with the 5 digit code.
Can you upload screenshot about it or say what are the options to choice?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 PM

Does the Lexia or PP software ask you to plug in your device even though it is connected? Does it do so when the device is not connected? You can start the software without the device, and it should not run at all.
If the above works properly, then its probably a problem between the box and the Outlander
No
No
No

Also, the Outlander OBD port is very flimsy/moves quite a bit. Make sure you press down on the top of the port to make sure it is seated firmly on the connector.
I really think its a connection issue somewhere, as the cabling doesn't really fit that well.
I removed the box under steering wheel to securely fit the OBD connector. I keep trying options in the week, it would be unfortunate if I can not play with my ETACS. . .

Old 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Vadimus
YOU SAID
You're mostly interested in ETACS, for unknown reason called there "BSI".

I found that BSI is in french and it mean "Boitier de Servitude Intelligent"
ETACS mean Electric Time and Alarm Control System
Also use the english term Built in System Interface

The description of BSI is the same as the ETACS so it's the French name version.

If you understand French go there for a Youtube description from Peugeot.
BSI_FONCTION.mpeg - YouTube

Last edited by Claude_A; 08-24-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Vadimus
YOU SAID
You're mostly interested in ETACS, for unknown reason called there "BSI".

I found that BSI is in french and it mean "Boitier de Servitude Intelligent"
ETACS mean Electric Time and Alarm Control System
Also use the english term Built in System Interface

The description of BSI is the same as the ETACS so it's the French name version.

If you understand French go there for a Youtube description from Peugeot.
BSI_FONCTION.mpeg - YouTube
Thanks Claude. One way or another, it does make more sense now

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport

1, I reloaded the software on another laptop with XP/SP3 without doing the upgrade to 46. No luck communicating to the ETACS so it looks like the upgrade is a must.

2, What is the cable with the DC clips for?

3, I only got into the Lexia program on my other laptop (with the 46 upgrade) and never installed the PP2000 software. Is the Lexia the only one that works or should I try the PP2000?

Thanks again

Old 08-25-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by rzracer
1, I reloaded the software on another laptop with XP/SP3 without doing the upgrade to 46. No luck communicating to the ETACS so it looks like the upgrade is a must.

2, What is the cable with the DC clips for?

3, I only got into the Lexia program on my other laptop (with the 46 upgrade) and never installed the PP2000 software. Is the Lexia the only one that works or should I try the PP2000?

Thanks again
2. For using using it with K/L-line-only vehicles, AFAIK.
3. You need both as Lexia does not work with Customer part of customization. Though you can do this part using MMCS.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:32 AM

2 - The DC cable is to be used with pre 2003 Citroen or Peugeot so, useless to us.

I am learning a few thing as I registered in two European forums one in France and the other one is in English but most peoples are struggling in the language (Not much Mitsubishi info but lexia and PP2000).

It's also were ScaryMistake (the maker of the upgrade exe) lurk.

I got more upgrade (not installed yet).

There is a lot of noise about the unreliability of the Chinese copy of the tool we have, also they made a survey of the serial numbers and mine come as the top most common one. There is also concern about the cables quality and consistency.

I am still unable to get the PP2000 to write to the BSI (ETACS) but I am patient.

Also every time I write with LEXIA I have to redo my 2 manuals setup i.e beep the horn on lock and open all doors with the drivers door.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization