1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

BOV

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Default RE: BOV

I have a FMIC silver, it just wont fit in my sig. it always tell sme im over 255 characters. I know thats too much boost for that 16g, it handles it for short spurts kickin peoples *** from light to light, if im goin out for a long run ill turn it down to just over 20
I'm planning in going with a GM MAF and MAFT and doing blowthrough with it, but i still want the BOV to either be quieter or have a completely different oddballsound.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:13 AM

differnt/oddball/quite sound. . . toughy. i'd go w/ eithera dual crushed 1g bov b/c i know they are quiet... not a lot of ppl have the right kind of power to push the TIAL to the sound they want ( you do), raptor is not used a lot, or blitz has a stuttoring one that sounds pretty nice and not a lot of ppl have it.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: racerx55

Honestly evrything is overpriced, lol. Belive me i'd rather save my turbo from the abuse of surge.
Have you ever put a boost gauge right by the compressor and watched it peg when you back off the throttle? lol
http://media.putfile.com/0127071715
the deals are out there man.... I paid only $50 for my HKS SSQ...yes only $50 no more than that just look for them and youll find them hahahaha That was a steal though you cant even find a stock EVO BOV at that alot of times hahahaha

Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 AM

you may think they are expensive now but as of about 4-5 months ago they were a lot more.... hks ssq, basicaly one of the best if not the best on the market, was about 225-275 and now you can get it for 175... feel fortunate, and you can find used ones on ebay all the time. there's a guy in the classifieds selling a Greddy type S right now on ebay, last time i checked it was a 133 (type S is no longer in production)

Old 01-29-2007, 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

differnt/oddball/quite sound. . . toughy. i'd go w/ eithera dual crushed 1g bov b/c i know they are quiet... not a lot of ppl have the right kind of power to push the TIAL to the sound they want ( you do), raptor is not used a lot, or blitz has a stuttoring one that sounds pretty nice and not a lot of ppl have it.
YEA the studdering one, i did like that one.
Sounds like this? http://media.putfile.com/tt-89Sounds more like my car with no bov at all but it was a sound clip from sounds of different kinds.
ive been trying to find out what BOV this one is.
I dont mind it being loud as long as its not the same old PPSSHHH sound. i hate that for some reason.

I just think stuff is overpriced cuz its a little aluminum valve, not really much to it.
$50 is fair, but ive seen some for over $400, thats just stupid. The cost of things like DSM link and MAF translators are just kinda out of hand. But they know people will buy it so they can price it as high as they want.
BTW i started puttin the 20g back together tonight

Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM

that clip may be the Hks Ssq. it sounds very similar

Old 01-29-2007, 09:40 AM

I remember it sayin somethin about 2 valves. the 2nd one fluttered if it needed to dump more air than the small one could let out. i dont remember ever hearing an SSQ do that but i suppose you gotta have the boost cracnked up pretty good for that.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:09 AM

actually the ssq sounds like that when you are only boostin about 4-5psi (when ur 30%throttle or so) the sound you are talkin about w/ no bov is called turbo surge, not good for your car if you do it on a regular! that is a blitz bov in that media clip, it sounds good but if mine did it all the time i think i'd get annoyd. get a map translator and buy my knock off Tial bov! lol sounds just like the real thing, hooked up to my firend's WRX just to see pushin 22lbs and it sounds real good!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM

Yea the combination of surge & 28 psi is probly why my 16g has the IC well oiled now. Easy way to find a boost leak, look for the oil coming out[8D]
im gonna ****can that thing, i finished up the 20g today and just gotta put it back on & not even run it untill i get a BOV & switch over to a GM maf
Its snowy & the roads are salted to hell anyway so ive been out bashin the GSX around

Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 PM

you have a 20g installed w/ no bov?? am i reading this right? unles you have another turbo just sitting around to slap back on there. . . a 20g runnin 28lbs and surging back, that turbo won't last long, no turbo will last long. if anything at least get a cheapy or 2 from ebay or something, anything is beter than nothing!!!!!! and like i said if you get that GM Maf, i have a knock off tial bov for sale... 40 bucks plus shipping and it's yours

Quick Reply: BOV