1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

CRANKS NO SPARK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Default CRANKS NO SPARK!

90(might be 91)Talon non turbo, changed ECU , cam sensor, coil, and numerous other stuff from a running car over just to check, has power to the coil, but no signal pulse and no spark, but it is getting pulse to the injectors and theyre dumping fuel now. car sat for 2 years, ive checked fuses, relays,the grounds i could find,evrything, just cant get a reference signal to the coil to trigger it to spark.
where do i go next???[&:]

Old 05-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Default RE: CRANKS NO SPARK!

Have you changed the power tr unit out yet? Its bolted under the coil to the intake manny if your not sure what it is.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM

[:-]when you exchanged the parts from the running car, did your's fire off then?

I'm experiencing the same symptoms with my 2.0 GS.

I thought for sure, the coils were bad, along with the power transistor after testing per the "Haynes" manual and taking the coil to a local parts store and they too tested and said the coil had an "open"

installed them both, and still no fire! Just did a multimeter check of the ECU, and if I'm interpreting correctly, it seems to be good, with no faults stored? This can't be though, being the car won't start?
I still can't imagine why Chrysler/Mitsu used a computer that doesn't have LED's for code retrieval instead of using an "anolog multimeter to count needle sweeps"

I'm throwing in the towell and taking it to a garage for diagnostics and repair, I need to have this car running NOW! It was running pretty well, until it started pinging, and my installation of new wires, plugs, fuel/air filter, and now, coil/power transistor. Acutally, the car drove for an additional 100+ miles until it decided to not start up after the wires/plugs etc. were installed, then, I installed the coil/transistor, checked each and every connection in the engine compartment, all seem to have resistance.

I too would surely like some advice, especially before I jerk-strap it to a shop!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 PM

What do you mean "ping". Have you checked the fuses and links under the hood, make sure all the electrical connections are good..the basics. Did you experience any arcing when you changed those things out? What type of plugs and wires are you using?

Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 AM

if the gapping on your spark plugs are not set up correctly, your plugs will not fire. If you have a Hanes manual, look where the info for sparkplugs is and see what they should be gapped at, make sure it is correct