1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

missfire on hard excell

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Default RE: missfire on hard excell

how about ignition upgrades?

Old 12-31-2005, 04:50 PM

i run Nology wires on my DSM n always have.yeah they cost more than MSD and other but ive noticed the biggest gains from them. but also dont go cheap on plugs then i stand bhind NGK. for NGK the higher the number the colder the pluga 7 or 8 works fine. now as for ignition boxes you really dont need them but every lil helps i run the MSD DIS 2 6212 but you really dont need somthing that big. MSD has the DIS 2 6211. its a very very nice box n will handle anything you can think of.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:09 PM

Just ordered my Nology wires and NGK plugs, hope they help my missfireing. I'll let you all know when they get here. I think I'll skip the ignition for now. thanx guys...

Old 12-31-2005, 06:14 PM

to be on the safe side id change the fuel filter also if it hasnt been done in awhile.i hope you stay away from using fuel aditives cause they cause more probs than they save. if you can find a local performance store get a few gallons of 100 n add that to your 93 that will help flush your systum

Old 12-31-2005, 06:48 PM

in order check: plugs, wires, boost leak, fuel filter, injectors

Old 12-31-2005, 07:37 PM

ok, think I'll just get the fuel filter changed when I get my oil changed next time. I have no idea when anything was changed or anything mostly about the car, and I have only had it for a few months, so I'm kinda starting from scratch. everyone keeps saying check for boost leaks, question on that. should it hold a level of boost while running? or drop down below zero when off the gas?

Old 12-31-2005, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 1990GSX

ok, think I'll just get the fuel filter changed when I get my oil changed next time. I have no idea when anything was changed or anything mostly about the car, and I have only had it for a few months, so I'm kinda starting from scratch. everyone keeps saying check for boost leaks, question on that. should it hold a level of boost while running? or drop down below zero when off the gas?
boost will depend on Throttle postion when you are off the gas you should read 20ish INHg but when daily driving just staying at a constant steady speed it will be around 10ish INHg and if you accel at all the # of boost will go up from there, <if that makes any sence LOL but I get it at least.

I still think it is the plugs\Wires I honestly would do that before you change a fuel filter

Old 12-31-2005, 07:47 PM

a boost leak doesnt always show on the boost gauge. a bad one you will know but small ones can be a pain. for example my stock Plastic BOV leaks after 16 PSI so when I spool up I hit 19 and by red line I am at 16. but when I cracked my BOV (I dropped it on the ground like a putz) I knew it was leaking but the gauge showed no syptoms of it other than the lack of power when at full boost. I mean if felt like going from 19 PSI to 10 PSI it was bad lol

Old 12-31-2005, 08:14 PM

it sounds like hes got a 1g so the BOV is fine as is im sure just make sure you use good ol mobil 1 when you change your oil the dude that had my GS-T before me used crapoline n when i tore it down it had WAY more wear on the rings n walls then it should have for the kinda driven that was done.

Old 12-31-2005, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: domestickilla

it sounds like hes got a 1g so the BOV is fine as is im sure just make sure you use good ol mobil 1 when you change your oil the dude that had my GS-T before me used crapoline n when i tore it down it had WAY more wear on the rings n walls then it should have for the kinda driven that was done.
I was just making an example of a boost leak and how you may not be able to tell based on the gauge itself. I am set on the fact that he needs plugs and wires though

Quick Reply: missfire on hard excell