1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

what do i do

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Default RE: what do i do

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

ahhh, but why would i have to run a stand alone for that turbo, i mean its that that BIG. i meanyes it is bigger than stock, but ive seen bigger.
exactly... I seen TONS of stock ECU 35r 500-600HP Evos out there. but thats about when speed density is needed to keep up. for 400-500 I see no problem for a MAF and stock ECU with flash or in your case DSMlink or something. Im not sure if the Evo MAF is better or something either dont know but still. it flow 51lbs\min the 50trim the 20G flow 49lbs\min they are similar turbos and that is why the biggest differnce is seen with race gas otherwise they are pretty close to each other......actually the 50trim uses a 20G wheel I think just a huge houseing makes the difference (but dont hold me to that one)

Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 AM

im not going to hold you. so if i need to get link and all this other stuff, the car wont run till winter time WOO HOOO my damn car wont have traction. so now goes the decisions. should i just get a 16g and play around wth tuning it and have some fun bc my cars done, or just wait, and wait, and wait.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 AM

im not going to hold you. so if i need to get link and all this other stuff, the car wont run till winter time WOO HOOO my damn car wont have traction. so now goes the decisions. should i just get a 16g and play around wth tuning it and have some fun bc my cars done, or just wait, and wait, and wait.
well you always got a 20G as a cheap go fast mod to what you running already but I already went over my reasons for liking the 50trim vs the 20g. you could rock the 16G and get the 50trim turbo still and save up while your waiting for other 50trim parts run the car around on the 16G??? just a thought

Old 03-28-2007, 02:49 AM

I actually was not planning on running the 50trim till the end of summer cause I though $$$$ wasnt going to allow it so I was planning on holding on to it and getting a flash for just the cams and FMIC and wait it but I got a good raise at work and get enough OT that mybank account got money in there to start buying parts I didnt think id have till june -july and august

Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 AM

well like a moron i somewhat sold my 16g to a friend who hasnt paid so im either going to get it back or buy a new one, i was going to sell it anyways bc i spun a bearing on that 16g. but i think i might rock the 16g and see what i can do. maybe a 12 sec pass or something, and save and get bigger and badder parts.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:26 AM

hey mike does the turbo have the divided flange, bc the 50 trim will bolt up to the stock mani with the dsm flange, the evos have a didided flange. id assume a divided one

Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 AM

not sure what you mean... Its a T3... nothing divided at all I dont think am I missing something

Old 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

hey mike does the turbo have the divided flange, bc the 50 trim will bolt up to the stock mani with the dsm flange, the evos have a didided flange. id assume a divided one
are you talking about twin-scroll?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM

DSMLink is capable of handling 1000cc injectors too. Mike/Woody, the EVO MAF is almost exactly the same as the 2Gs but the EVO MAF has better velocity and it will work in DSMs too. I've been trying to get my hands on one myself, but they are hard to find in scrap yards here. If you get an EVO MAF and let Tom from DSMLink know what you have, he will program the chip for an EVO MAF as a default instead of a hacked 2G MAF. Speaking of...a hacked 2G will also net you a pretty good flow too. The EVO MAF is a very velocity friendly MAF compared to the 2G from what I understand. The 2G MAF is good until 400hp and a hacked MAF is capable enough for a 50 trim. If you need more then it's time for a larger MAF. I think you said that you were getting an AEM ECU, at that point you can pretty much get whatever you feel like or just skip a MAF altogether.

Anyway, 20Gs have a bad rap because they cost almost as much as a 50 trim and a stock 20G just doesn't flow like a 50 trim, at least a stock one won't
How about an FP Green? I'd even consider a Hahn 20G . How about an AGP 50 trim? How about a Holset HX-35?

Bottom line, a 20G is reliable and can manage 720 CFMs (Hahn), or in other words it's in a 50 trim power range, like Mike stated. A 50 trim, there's so many variants out there that you should be able to find one that suits you and the power that you are looking for.

Here's a vid with two 2Gs racing. One has a 50 trim (GS-T) the other a 20G (GSX). It's not really a fair race or a good example because of the two different trims, but you get the idea
**I guess, I should link the vid**
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8EC54512F7.htm

Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Hey silver. As far as i know FOG on here still has his stock MAF sitting around. I dont know if he'd be interested in selling it. But i dont think he needs it anymore being AEM EMS and all. So id give him a pm.