2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Blow OFF VALVE...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Default Blow OFF VALVE...

I am a new owner of a 97' GSX Eclipse and was wondering if I can put a blowoff valve on a automatic car? and the egine is stock Turbo and was wondering if you can point me in a direction that would give me some information on Mods with the Blowoff Valve and increasing the size of boost of turbo... Thanks Everyone..

Old 02-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Blow OFF VALVE...

Oh Geez... Your car already has a BOV stock(plastic junk too) yes you can upgrade and alot of 2G eclipse\Talon owners buy the crushed 1G BOV... to run more boost buy a boost gauge and a Manual boost controller your stock PSI is 10-12 you can safley run 15-16 on that turbo and fuel set up. for higher PSI than that youll need fuel upgrades and a turbo upgrade.

You should get a full Turbo back exhaust 3inch diameter as well if you plan on running more boost

Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM

of course you can put a blow off valve on an auto.i suggest a greddy type-s.and manual boost controllers a readily avaliable and you can set your psi with it.it is not recommended to set the stock turbo past 16 psi.also a boost gauge is required in conjunction with a boost controller.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:16 PM

Thanks Guys... can you point me in a direction with a link to buy these type of products... Never been in the import world before... All new to me.. Thanks for the help guys!!!

One thing I can say is that everyone is so kind here... Unlike some others that are expecting you to know everything... Thanks Again to all!!!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: WIECLIPSEGUY

Thanks Guys... can you point me in a direction with a link to buy these type of products... Never been in the import world before... All new to me.. Thanks for the help guys!!!

One thing I can say is that everyone is so kind here... Unlike some others that are expecting you to know everything... Thanks Again to all!!!
Ebay can be your best friend on some of these things as can google. The Greddy Type S as well as the 1G crushed BOV or very cheap and both are great upgrades from your stock BOV

Old 02-05-2006, 10:49 PM

I have the laptop in my lap and watching the Superbowl too. Sorry. Question, do I have to change anything or can I just change the BOV by itself. I would like to do these mods little at a time. I got little over my head with my Camaro and next thing I know I am $12K into the project...

Well if you buy an aftermarket BOV make sure you get a recirculation kit for it so your car can run properly

Old 02-06-2006, 09:59 AM

ya you can change just the bov for now and slowly mod wont hurt anything if anything your will see a little bit better running car hear the stock beov is notorious for slight boost leek.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Thanks for putting my mind at ease with changing the BOV. It is good to know that the stock BOV's are known for leaking. I hope the car runs better with a new one then.... What is the best place you guys shop to get these type of products.... I think I am suposed to be looking at "TYPE S" is that correct?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDD...QQcmdZViewItem

Theren you go. It's not actually made by GReddy. It's the companies version. So, it's GReddy Type-S style BOV.

If you go to http://www.motors.ebay.com and search for Eclipse BOV, you will find more. They have some pretty nifty prices there

Good luck!

-brandoN^-

Old 02-06-2006, 07:37 PM

Brandon, Thanks for pointing me in a good direction. Do you know anyone who is running it. How does it sound and did it improve the cars performance? Thanks Derek

Quick Reply: Blow OFF VALVE...