2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

body kit/door poppers/ and head lights... lotz of questions...

Old 03-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Default body kit/door poppers/ and head lights... lotz of questions...

Hey guys…

Just got a few questions… and I want your opinions on some things… first off my car needs a little paint work… there’s a little rust on my passenger side door, and my front bumper is kindda shot. I kno I can fix it, but I don’t wanna take the time… so I was thinking if I’m going to do some body work why not put a full body kit on it, I need a new bumper anyway… I personally like the Zen b2 body kit…. Wut are ur opinions of it? I’ve noticed some of the cars that have this body kit also have a front spoiler on the bottom of it. That doesn’t come with the kit does it? And if I dint get the full body kit, just the front bumper would it look ok? Or should I just stay with the stock look? Also is it just me or is the resale value of an eclipse larger when it has a body kit on it? Cuz that seems 2 be the case around hear, like they go up 2-3 grand because they have a body kit on them… that’s another reason I wanna put a body kit on it…

Ok on to my other problems… ever winter since I have had my car my drivers side door handle breaks off…. Let me say I hate working on anything inside of any car door… I was honestly thinking about shaving my door handles because of this…. Is there a door popper specifically made for eclipses? Or a metal door handle? Has anyone else had this problem? And if so how did you fix it…?

I also would like to buy some new headlights and tail lights…. What are the most popular ones around? That’s probable how ill make that decision on what ones to buy…

Well what does everyone think I would like to keep the cost down… and I can do all the body work myself, excluding the paint… remember this is my daily drive 2, not my toy…. My toy gets the big bucks spent on it… so the cheaper I can fix my eclipse the more money I can spend on well my camaro…lol crap I’m gonna get slammed now… talking about American muscle on hear that’s gotta b like a sin…

I think I should also say that someday I would like to race this car on some sort of ice course on the frozen lakes in Canada…

Anyway guy’s thanks for your help and her are some pics….

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...rn/camaro3.jpg

Just wanted to show everyone where the money goes….

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/IMG_0117.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...allpaper-1.jpg

lol… I think I’m in good shape for only being 20…..

Old 03-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Default RE: body kit/door poppers/ and head lights... lotz of questions...

holy post batman, lets address these one at a time.
1st, as to whether or not to get the whole body kit, or just the front bumper. Let me just say this. body kits are designed to be an entire kit. And fitting up just one piece IMO looks bad. Like you were either broke, or just dont care.
I dont personally advocate the use of body kits. If it were me, I would get a stock front bumper, and a carbon lip. Save that body kit money for some wheels and tires, and for the love of god, please get some lowering springs, and shocks, or a coilover kit.
As for the price going up becuase there is a body kit on the car, that just depends on whose buying it. and what the kit looks like, and how well its assembled and painted. Your average joe is not going to want a body kit on their car, and by having a body kit on the car, you are telling alot of people (not that its true) but it tells alot of people that the car may have been raced, or run hard. and thats not a good thing.

2. as for the headlights go here, http://www.k2motor.com/97991.html
Dont buy whats the most popular, go with what you like. You dont want to look like everyone else, you want what you want.

As for ice racing your car, anything can be done, but you are cutting your own throat buy puttin on a body kit, and buy going with a soley front wheel drive model. You should step up to the gsx if you want to go ice racing.

If it were me, and my money, and trying to keep my cost down, I would get either a factory replacement or an factory aftermarket replacement front bumper, a nice carbon lip, get the gsx rear spoiler. Lower the car with some nice lowering springs and get some decent tokico, or kyb shocks.
Nice 17, or 18inch wheel and tire combo.
Repaint the whole thing. tint the windows.
on the motor side of things, First I would throroughly check out the motor and trans to make sure it was good and strong. Then I would replace all the neccessary things (headgasket, timing-belt, waterpump... etc...) I would then add an intake, header, exhaust, high flow cat, and call it a day. I might be persuaded into getting a chip, but most likely not.
I would also consider some bigger anti-roll bars, and for a daily driver thats all I'd do.

But im not you, and your not me, and neither is anyone else. so that might not be what you want. For all I know you want to lift it, put it on 28's and drop in a 2000lb i.c.e. system.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM

what do you mean by a carbon lip? i have know clue what that is...

Old 03-05-2007, 11:25 AM

ok so never mind on the carbon lip... i looked it up on googel... im not 2 sure of it tho, can some one post some pics of it on a car, so i can get a better look at it?

Oh and what are some nice cheap rims...? and wuts the offset 4 the rims? oh and just so everyone knows i want a 5 spoke white rim.....

Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Well first off it would really help if you gave us the year of the car and model.

Now if its a 2g then i personally hate the look of body kits on it. I like the 97-99 stock front end. The one thing i really dont like about all these questions is its all opinion. Everyone has there own tastes, so you are gonna get a bunch of different answers. So dont just do something because its "in". But until i know what type of car where dealing with i dont really want to say any more

Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM

oh ok sorry man…. I kindda just assumed that by showing you a pic of my car, that 2g enthusiast would be able to decipher what year and what model it was…. Anyway it’s a 1999 eclipse RS 2.0……

Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 AM

I hear ya with your door handle problems, but door poppers may not be the way to go. They are more of a pain in the a$$ then anything else, especially if you live in an area that has cold winters. They will freeze up on you and if you get any condensation in the door whatsoever, they may rust and start sticking which will eventually burn out. They do make "water proof" ones, but like i said, they are more trouble then they are worth. If I could go back in time, I would have kept my stock door handles. Just a heads up. Good luck with whatever you decide bro

Old 03-06-2007, 02:50 PM

^^ thanks for the information^^^^

Anyway to keep things cheap I think I’m gonna just paint the door and the front bumper, buy a air intake off of ebay for 30 or so bucks(I read on hear 2 buy the cheapest u could find), and get some stock 16” rims I think they look good. Not sure what im gonna do about the head/tail lights yet. Away I was just wondering if it would even b worth it to put a header on a 2.0, and is that a 420a engine?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

you read on here to buy an ebay intake???? I want to know where so i can kill that thread now . I hate ebay intakes. They are so cheaply made. You have problems with mounting, or the mounting locations will snap off. Its better to get a more quality product IMO

Old 03-06-2007, 08:17 PM

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_27866/tm.htmpretty sure it was this thread....