2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BOV's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004 | 03:32 PM
Default RE: BOV's?

One of my buddies in a 1g has the twin chamber. It's alright, not too loud, only slightly louder than a stock 2g. He doesn't mess with it much though, he tried to put it at the loudest sound setting and it was just too obtrusive. So he turned it down and it's pretty good now.

Old 12-05-2004 | 03:08 AM

Probably won't get one for a little bit but thanks for the info on the apex. So according to greddygst should I get a loud, obnoxious coffee can muffler too just cause I have an import? If I don't want an extremely loud bov it doesn't mean I'm not happy to have a turbo or trying to hide it, I just don't need the attention of an exteremly loud card, maybe you do. I'm just happy driving my car, that's why I got it, cause I liked it. So how about you worry about yourself and do what you want to do to your car and quit being an idiot.

Old 12-06-2004 | 12:44 AM

OK, I found the greddy hard piping kit cheap here http://www.racerwheel.com/tp-12030901.html and they're running a 20 dollar off sale for a few more days when you spend over $200. I found some video clips online of the greddy bov and I kinda like it so I may get this kit then get the greddy.

Old 12-06-2004 | 07:53 PM

Greddys are nice. I have a full catback exhaust and it's not that loud compared to other brands. I definitely am happy with it.

Old 12-07-2004 | 01:55 PM

your a funny kid... what does a loud BOV have anythign to do with a fart can?...ive got greddy evo2 exhuast, its about qaulity of sound. if your car blows off because it has a turbo, and you say your not trying to hide anything, then why not let people know whatsup!?....

Old 12-19-2004 | 06:08 AM

Get the GReddy-S and be done with it. Not all loud but enough to hear it working. Holds good boost and is easy to adjust.

The exhaust side is one that most do not agree with me on. The OVERPRICED systems out there do NO different than the cheaper ones you can find. The sound is in the muffler/cat/resonators you decide to run. I have a magnaflo straight through design right now. I am changing it out to a twin outlet style chambered muffler like the stock turbo exhaust design.

Old 12-20-2004 | 12:45 PM

I heard from somebody that you can install a blow off valve on a car that does not have a turbo... Is this true? (I really love the sound of BOV's but i dont have all the funds to put a turbo on my car.. ((Wish i did ))) has anyone heard of this?

Old 12-20-2004 | 03:59 PM

You might have heard there is a piece that "sounds" like the noise. It is a throttlebody spacer. Makes a slight whistle when you tap the gas pedal. Most people with N/A versions of the eclipse/talon/laser have these.

Old 12-20-2004 | 08:28 PM

oh, well, i never heard of those but i think my car must have one because i hear that when i rev my engine... But, that itsnt what i was talking about, somebody told me that you can attach a bov to the intake piping and it will work.... (you know what i mean by work... the PSHHH! sound) is this possible and/or true?... a hmong told me this so im inclined to believe him but i dont want to go buy something expensive and then not be able to do anything but look at it in awe and wishing i could use it.. LoL

Old 12-21-2004 | 04:01 PM

A bypass valve releases PRESSURE, I.E. BOOST. If you car is not making boost then you will not be able to release a PSSSSSSSSSST. Even if you produce 3psi you wouldn't be able to hear it. As it sits you engine in ingesting air not being FEED air. Forced Induction will make the sound. I that what you wanted to hear. I was just giving you a possible alternative. I understood your question. Sometimes it is lost in internet translation.

Most of the time people call them BOVs, MOST of the time they are bypass valves or diverter valves. There is a difference.

I would not suggest paying the money out for a bypass valve. Just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: BOV's?