2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Car shakes in short bursts when gas pedal is all the way down

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Default Car shakes in short bursts when gas pedal is all the way down

Ok I dont know whats goign on, dont really know how to explain it either but I'll give it a go. recently i notcied that when I decide to step on it, the car would shake really quickly then go smoothly for a second then shake again some more smooth shake ect.....does this until i ease off of the gas pedal. It dosent matter what speed im going as long as the gas pedal goes down all the way it would do this, I did happen to notice thouigh that the shakes usally kick in right when the turbo guage passes the last line on the guage. Also When i was checking out the engine i notcied that it seeems to be leaking oil, i think, cuz the pipes running from the bottom left of the engine are covered in black oil, though i havent noticed any oil spots on the street anywhere? Would this have something to do with it? Think I have a turbo problem? engine problem? Im supposed to be taking my car into the shop today to have them install a new clutch master and slave cylinder so I'll mention it and see what they have to say, but have any of you guys encountered my problem? Thx!

Old 03-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Default RE: Car shakes in short bursts when gas pedal is all the way down

id have them check the belts and pullies, could be your balance shaft is getting bad...........