2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Crank walk? I searched i promise...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Default Crank walk? I searched i promise...

Hey all-

Just looking for a few responses. I have been searching for the last hour and a 1/2 trying to find the answer. Theres a crap load on crank walk of couse, but i guess my ? is kinda specific to it.

Just want to know if crankwalk is less likely to occur on a 95-99 GS-T Than it would on an GSX?

Thanks, much...

Old 10-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Default RE: Crank walk? I searched i promise...

no. same chances

Old 10-31-2007, 02:59 PM

same engine bro, so yes they both havethe samechance. supposidly the 95-97 4g63t's will walk more than the 4g63t's made in 98-99 because Mitsu tried to "fix" the problem starting in 98. but in my opionion a 2g'shave a equalchance. but dont worry about crankwalking. people make it out to be a big deal when its not. it not going to happen to every 7 bolt but if it does then drop in a 6 bolt. they wont do it AS OFTEN as 7 bolts.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: estraw

no. same chances
Thanks, alot brother! And sorry... I know from looking at the search section is the last thing you guys want to see is another c-walk ?.

Thanks, alot

Old 10-31-2007, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: tjbiker031

same engine bro, so yes they both havethe samechance. supposidly the 95-97 4g63t's will walk more than the 4g63t's made in 98-99 because Mitsu tried to "fix" the problem starting in 98. but in my opionion a 2g'shave a equalchance. but dont worry about crankwalking. people make it out to be a big deal when its not. it not going to happen to every 7 bolt but if it does then drop in a 6 bolt. they wont do it AS OFTEN as 7 bolts.
Very helpful... Thanks, alot...

Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 PM

theres a possiblity in any car of it actually happening, but 2gs just have gotten more famous.like the guy at the dealership told me, this is the third engine in this car. only have 150k on the chassis and 75k on the motor

Old 10-31-2007, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: darknigh7th

theres a possiblity in any car of it actually happening, but 2gs just have gotten more famous.like the guy at the dealership told me, this is the third engine in this car. only have 150k on the chassis and 75k on the motor
Gotcha! Thanks, alot...

Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

To put it into prospective, a lot of people claim they have crankwalked a 7 bolt before, yet all they have done is spun a bearing because it ran previously without oil or something like that. Spun bearings is not crankwalk.

I have only seen a hand full of genuine crankwalk cases, and i have never seen a 6 bolt crankwalk, although some claim they have had a 6 bolt crankwalk. Im putting it down to just a spun bearing, and people calling it what ever the f- they want.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

To put it into prospective, a lot of people claim they have crankwalked a 7 bolt before, yet all they have done is spun a bearing because it ran previously without oil or something like that. Spun bearings is not crankwalk.

I have only seen a hand full of genuine crankwalk cases, and i have never seen a 6 bolt crankwalk, although some claim they have had a 6 bolt crankwalk. Im putting it down to just a spun bearing, and people calling it what ever the f- they want.
SEB spun bearing are caused be crankwalk too. Think about it for 2 seconds. you cant honestly think bearings are spun because of only oiling? what causes crank walk? Bad oil pressure, friction those 2 things combined make it ery very easy to spin a bearing when a crank is not stable it makes it even easier. Why do you think alot of 7 bolt guys spin bearings alot more often than Evo, or 1G guys? its a given not everyone out there runs on a lack of oil. the 2G 7 bolt motor is a POS no matter who you are the problem is there, it just depends how you take care , and drive which determains when it happens to you. its not like you can prevent the problem completely we all know it is there. If you keep up on your oil changes and disable the clutch start then youll help yourslef yea yea yea we know this.

at the end of the day bearings spinning are most deffenatly a common problem due to the crankwalking,

Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

I know that! But some people just spin bearings and say OMG ITS CRANKWALK. Thats just f-ing annoying. Yes, crankwalk causes spun bearings i realise that... doesnt take a genius to figure that out lol. I just think that there is a line between the two.

Quick Reply: Crank walk? I searched i promise...