2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

dsm problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Default RE: dsm problem

Oo, Oo...what was the last thing you did to your car before this happened?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM

im sure its grounded good

Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 PM

yes its grounded right..well i think it is..

Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 PM

the last thing i did was i put my stock intake manifold back on.. after i did that i noticed that if i was to stop all of a sudden my car idle would drop close to zero.. or even if i was to down shift from 3rd to 2nd it would sound like it would die out.. but i just thought it was because i just put my stock intake manifold back on but after 2 weeks later this problem came up...

Old 07-17-2007, 11:28 PM

Did you disconnect the battery afterwards or during this process? Different flow with a learned older flow with screw up your o2 sensor output on the computer.
That ECU will "learn" your driving techniques and will be thrown off when hardware is changed.
Try to disconnect the battery and run it for about 50 miles or just drive it down H1 (not during traffic hours though, lol) and put on the cruise control. Turn back around and go home. Shut her off and get back with us tomorrow.
It should run somewhat rough after first reconnecting the battery but then it should smooth out. Don't idle it in the driveway longer than 5 minutes or it will start to learn that 5 minutes of idle.
One thing to do while the battery is disconnected is to press and hold the brake pedal down to remove any residual power.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 PM

can i just drive it around the block just dont wanna get stuck too far from home (ewa beach)

Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 AM

couple daysbefore this problem happened i changed my positive battery terminal so i did take the positive cable off and changed it..my car was running fine then.. and now this problem happened.. so dont think it has anything to do with my ecu or battery cable.. changing o2 sensors and crank angle sensors tomorrow.. let you guys know an update on how it runs after

Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 AM

Ah ok.
I would change out the crank first, drive it around the block after the motor has warmed up. That way the parts can be deduced (thanks for that word KN). Why are you changing out the o2? Just old or is it giving you issues with gas milage?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 AM

i just didnt change it ever since i bought the car when i was in high school..getting the asd relay and crank angle sensor from a friend so gonna change it tomorrow.. just hope my car can get back on the road..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Ah ok.
I would change out the crank first, drive it around the block after the motor has warmed up. That way the parts can be deduced (thanks for that word KN). Why are you changing out the o2? Just old or is it giving you issues with gas milage?
LOL no prob, its whats finance classes do to you, i find it funny how you knew i was gonna keep reading this, haha, im more of a reader than a talker her most of the time :P agreed with the ecu AI, my stupid tranny is a damn learner as well -_- throws me off whenever i wanna drive slow/smooth

Quick Reply: dsm problem