2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GM MAFT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Default GM MAFT?

How dificult is it to hook up a GM MAFT? Is it a do it yourself in your garage type of thing or do you need to take the car to a shop. I was looking at that kit that DejonTool has put together. Its $669.00. Is that high for the setup? What are the pros and cons of the setup? Thanks for any help

Old 02-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: GM MAFT?

Your paying for quality there and ease. You can peice it together cheaper but that has everything you need.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:30 PM

have fun trying to tune with it. Everyone i know who used it HATED it.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Thats right paintball.. i agree

Old 02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yea it can work good but only if you have the right kind of tuning device. If your trying to do it with a ****ty piggyback like an SAFC then your gonna have alot of trouble. If you have DSM link it might not be as bad. If your doing it just so you can vent, then forget it

Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM

CI Motorsports has one for 399.99. and it is the full kit. they also sell just the maft for 191.99 and the upgraded stage 2 and 3 modules.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM

DSMLink guys don't really like the MAF+T either. If you're not up there in power the MAF+T's end product is to make your bov louder and that's it, there are other products out there that give better air flow than the GM MAF+T, so IMO, it's a waste of go fast money.
Guys that are running high power use speed density anyway and that works better than a MAF+T.

[align=center]Vein Pressure Converter (VPC)
[/align] [align=left]The HKS VPC is designed to physically and electronically replace OE air metering devices which present a significant restriction to the intake system and offer no adjustment or reprogramming options to take advantage of dramatically higher air flow or larger fuel injectors. The VPC converts both air flow meter and air mass sensor systems to what is referred to as speed density systems by utilizing a 16 bit central processing unit reading its own intake air temperature sensor and absolute pressure transducer (B-MAP sensor) signals. This unique conversion feature not only allows the VPC to replace the factory air flow metering device, but also eliminates the need for a fuel cut defencer. Another benefit of the VPC is the ability to create our own programs to take advantage of larger fuel injectors and new air flow characteristics (larger turbos). In some specific instances, the VPC may be used in addition to the PFC F-Con and larger injectors for the ultimate in HKS plug-in fuel system technology. VPC equipped vehicles respond quicker with improved horsepower. To take full advantage of the VPC, HKS VPC Power Flow adapters with the HKS Super Mega Flow air filter should be used.[/align]
I forgot to mention that the GM MAF+T is sensitive to weather changes. [:'(]

Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 AM

i wasn't aware that it was sensative to weather changes. . . how so?

Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 AM

I've read A LOT of "my car acts up when it rains" or "while I'm driving to a different altitude..." posts and the Link guys, get tired of trying to compensate or balance their fuel trims because of it (there's a lot of sliders to adjust). Some guys don't have issues, but for every 10 that I read about the GM MAF+T, 7 say to leave it alone. I don't think I'm going to put mine in. Even though I'm at sea level, it does get cooler at night and since it's "winter" here too, it's cool during the day sometimes and I don't feel like having my motor run lean on one side of the island then rich on the other, lol. Remember, translations aren't always perfect...both in verbal language and digital.