2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gsx setup, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Default RE: gsx setup, what do you think?

that is a sweet little video!!

Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

i don't have a username and password, i'll create one tomorrow and check it out, thanks sebba. also... it's apx 12.5 for everything, not quite 15k.
ok so after installing all that and tuning your well over $15k

Dude the GSX is still only going to be worth like $10 if that and it will still suck at handling.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 AM

u just won't give up will you? lol haha i know i know i know get an EVO. yes, they do hold thier value more, yes, they have better suspension, but it will be at least 8-10 months before id buy an EVO. w/ all that done, i could easily get 13k out of it if i decide to sell it. if i do get it. . . i'll have it for a long time!! well even w/ an evo, putting all that money into it i'll only get about an extra 5k out of it. . . so it's kind of a wash. i can buy a 25k car, dump 13k into it and get 5k more than i paid... depending on depreciation, or i can buy a 2k shell, dump 13k into it and then turnaround and sell it for 13-15k 4-5 years down the road. Emonz, thanks man, i appreciate what ur tryin to do but i think i've mad up my mind. . . i've always wanted one.. and now i'll have one. besides... i have the rest of my life for the expensive toys, this will hold me over for a couple years. but thanks again.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 AM

yea... that's an aight video but this is the one that REALLY got me wanting a GSX... http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...c8e3e8b02b.htm that is one sick-nasty eclipse!!!! and gotz to say that the TIAL bov never sounded better lol

Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

only 12.5? that seems alittle low. hmm. Anyway, didntsomething like this come up once before. Oh yea the last time you asked our opinion....that one turned out good too. ah well do what you want. if it were me i wouldnt want to have to deal with the dsm again.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM

well dsm problems usualy come in worn out, beat up dsm engines... if you have a brand new one just built using the best parts out there. . . i don't see where i'm gonna have problems... that is except for traction :-D

Old 02-01-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

well dsm problems usualy come in worn out, beat up dsm engines... if you have a brand new one just built using the best parts out there. . . i don't see where i'm gonna have problems... that is except for traction :-D
DSM drivetrains FTL nespeeds GSX had the head rebuilt like 3 times and I think the tranny exploded twice on him and the clutch shatter once as well oh he was only making a car that runs high 12s at best.

I would never pay over 10k for a DSM I dont care if it had 600HP either that is just one horrible investment even worse than spending a ton on an Evo. not to mention if you say you can get $13k buy selling it doont forget the $$$$ your losing in the end.

Chris from AMS sold his Evo for nealry $45k basically he prob only lost on of a small amount. he had $20k in mods and a $25kish car. I have driven both GSX's and my Evo. actually a 1g GSX and a 2G AWD TSi and my Evo and id NEVER go for them EVER. they shift soft have huge steering wheel no suspension and are money pits that never end

I know for a fact youll be happier with an Evo but what is my advise worth? The last time you had a conflict on what to do with cars you argued with me about weather to just sell teh 420a or turbo it and didnt want to take my advise then in the end what was the result after spending pointless $$$ on parts your then desided to go the way I said to in the begining lol

It is your money do what you want with it, I know you will. I am just sheding some light thats all

Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 PM

here is a buy back video ... time to rethink you ink
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...9d89de3586.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...aa00fff8c9.htm
and that is about the same mods maybe less than you listed already to get to this point

Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 PM

emonz, jeez dude... yes evo's are nice, and yes i do value your opion but honestly i don't see y ur gettin so pissy lol. whether i dump 13k into an EVO or a GSX... i'm not going to get all of my moneyout of it. what i'm saying is that if i get a shell for 2k and invest 13 into it... i can still sell the car between 12 and 14k... where'as in an EVO if i pay 25 for it, invest 13k into it and 4-5 years down the road after depreciation... lets say the car is worth 20 at the time... the most i'm gonna get out of it is prolly 28-30 and that's w/a sucker. the GSX is already depreciated and we know what kind of scale we are looking at, the price of these cars wont go down much in the next 4-5 years b/c they are already so low. so don't be pissed...

Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 PM

emonz... i know i am a little new here... but i say, let him get what he wants... if it were my choice... i would like and evo!!! if my pockets were deep. but if i had 15k.... **** man... the gsx with at least 500hp+ would sound a lot better then not even having a fully paid off stock evo. if ya get my drift. maybe if there were 40k to spend on a car i would tell him to get an evo... but on a lower budget hell, i would pick the gsx.. as long as its a 6bolt!

honestly... i would want to have a gsx lookswise over the evo also, but if money wasnt really an object evo all the way!!!

actually, just for ****z n giggles... if i had 40k+ to invest into a car... i would go with a 93-95 supra twin turbo... and put a 12,000$ all wheel drive setup on it... and throw on a few major mods.. and push like 600hp outta that at least!! but this is my favorite car in whole world!! especially after i found out with about 12k you can make it AWD!!! holy hell i would **** myself if i could get one of those!!!

Quick Reply: gsx setup, what do you think?