2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gsx setup, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: gsx setup, what do you think?

were not trying to yell at you or get mad. We just believe that the evo is a much better car. And so what if you spend the same amount of money on a gsx and get it to 400+ hp as you would getting a stock evo. But to me an Evo is such a better buit car. Dont get me wrong i like the GSX's and all, but nothin can beat having a car that hangs with the best of them in the 1/4 and can out handle almost any car in the world.

Ive driven both of the cars before having ownedan awd and driven mikesevo, and there is no comparison.Honestlyeven if the gsx was 400+ i still wouldenjoy more having an evo.Id say just test drive the evo. Just for fun and see how you like

Old 02-01-2007, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: jerusry

i guess the guy at the performance shop was just lying then. but that is fukin gay if he really cared enough to lie about that! well, i dont care... even if the supra cant be awd it is still my favorite and have always wanted a rwd one!!! since i knew what a car was lol.... i just hoped that there was truth to the awd supra.. woulda been cool. still pick it over any other car!!
belive me he was lying. lol and belie me I wish I had a supra too.. Have you not been around over this summer to see all the supra stuff i went through to get one and all the trades I almost made to trade the Evo with a supra owner. I came a few $1000 away from doing it but never could justify the money versus what I have now. The supra is a highway beast and the motor is unbelivable. I dont know what you know about them but they really are more insane than most can even begin to see.

here comes the heart breaker

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_70505/tm.htm

Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 PM

so why did you not get that car you crazy fool???? what happened?? i would pay 10grand to get that car!!! and strip it all down and start it from the beginning if i could!! omg!!

Old 02-01-2007, 11:43 PM

i know how insane they are!!! why do ya think i want one? i LOVE those cars!!! i would give anything to have one!!! as soon as i have the credit i am gonna take a loan out and go hunt for one! there are lots of em around here!! and i may even save up enough money to buy one outright. my goal is to HAVE one by the time i turn 24-25... and completely built how i want it by age 30.. even if i have to be single and live with my mom to do it!! (not really but you catch my drift).. i was almost able to get one this summer! i had 20grand in my pocket and went hunting for one, but i was in MAINE. worst place to try and find a supra (if i were in california i would have one!!) but instead someone in maine found out how much money i had (was in a safe) and stole the money from me. i know who it was.... my BEST FRIEND'S older brother!! but when i confronted him about it he put a gun to my head and said go home!! that was the last i heard of it.... i woulda done something about it... but he is a big guy... and i just keep thinking that i shoulda put the money in the bank... but i wasnt thinking. and only my best friend and his brother knew about it. kinda a long story and crappy situation, but i lost out big time!!! since that was ALLL of my money, i am now broke and trying to save up money again... if you are wondering how i got that kinda money, i worked for a friend under the table... they paid me PER JOB not per hour so i got good at what i was doing and was making like 30bucks an hour... saved up the money in about 4 or 5 months... and got shafted hard!!! since then the ppl i worked for sold their business, so i am out a job! and i need to make money at a regular job now. kinda sucks.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

So what ever did happen with the whole supra thing?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 AM

engineer.. its not that i dont know what i am talking about.. it is that when you look around for supra's around here.... they are all 93-95's... thats why... thats just how it is. i live around here so i would know. i know enough about the supra to say what i wanna say. why would i want it awd? cuz it would be different then what everyone has!!! thats the reason why. i would love make it have 1000hp.. but i dont think i need all that, so i will stick with less power. i know what they are capable of. i don't think that just cuz someone told me that there was an awd one out there that you should be giving me **** about it. just cuz i dont know as much about them as emonz dont mean a damn thing! and just cuz i look for a 93-95 cuz they are more abundant doesn't mean a damn thing. if i could find a nicer newer one that would be great but it harder... and the twin turbo newer ones are even MORE rare to find. who cares if i dont know everything about the car??? besides you? i dont know everything about eclipse's but i still talk about em and give ppl advice on them... and all that good ****... but who cares.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:28 AM

i still love my car!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM

I didnt get the supra it got away... tehy moved the car and I have no idea where it went. noone lives in the house anymore and there are flowers planted where the car was sitting now the grass is cut and yard it cleanned up I think they sold the house.

And about the 93-95 supra thing. the reason you only find those is because the 97-98s are 5-10k mmore most of the time and somtimes more than that depending on the color of the car. yes the color. I can rattle off to you every color ever and the how many were made in each model transmission type and each year from 1993 to 1998. I know them all. for example in 1995 the 6spd Hardtop in alpine silver there were only 2 TWO ever sold in the U.S. all hardtops are 6spds. all hardtops are insanely rare but non even close to teh 95 alpine silver that is the most rare supra ever made....wanna go more, well in 1996 there were NO 6spd supras ever sold they were all automatic and they never made a hardtop TT after 1995 so every TT from 96-98 was a targa top. want more let me know I can go on and on an on

Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 AM

i have driven an EVO, my friend in our "car club" has an evo VIII pushin just about 350whp... YES it is super sick nasty nice and i can't say enough about the suspension... i've said my part, and i'm at peace, EMONZ isnt losing sleep and neither am i lol i'm gettin a gsx.. by the end of the year it will be between 550-650whp... after about 12-14k is dropped into it. thanks guys.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 AM

better get a alky kit or c16 or youll never see that HP lol... and forget the drivetrain it wont last to long up there. actually Woody is the one who can shed some light on building a DSM he is deep into it too with is 1G.

But seriously If you must take anything from me, dont just MOD it to the max without driving in each state. Basically I thought I wanted a 600+ HP Evo for so long and after being in FOGs who is nearly 500 I think I can live with that for a while that thing is scary fast man. I cant imagine what 600 feels like well till summer and FOG is up to that and take me out again hahaha. Take your time. i was happy with my Evo as it is for a long time and that is about 300HP is that and it is pretty damn fast. I think I can skip to like 500 or so now without seeing low the rest of the 300s.

Just one step at a time. enjoy eash stop because at 600HP it wont be as streetable as 400 would be and still have low lag times ect ect

Quick Reply: gsx setup, what do you think?