2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gsx setup, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: gsx setup, what do you think?

ORIGINAL: jerusry

actually, just for ****z n giggles... if i had 40k+ to invest into a car... i would go with a 93-95 supra twin turbo... and put a 12,000$ all wheel drive setup on it... and throw on a few major mods.. and push like 600hp outta that at least!! but this is my favorite car in whole world!! especially after i found out with about 12k you can make it AWD!!! holy hell i would **** myself if i could get one of those!!!
WOW. you would really ruin that supra wouldnt you makin a rwd into awd. . and why a 93-95 anyway. If your gonna spend that then you get a 97-98. they are way better. So please dont even talk about a car you dont have a clue about with a supra.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186
so don't be pissed...
dude Im not... I just said Its YOUR money you have your mind set and then ask our opinion. what is the point? you dont listen to our advise AT ALL. remember what I told you back in the day when you wanted to build your 420a? did you listen to my rants , NO. So all I was saying is your not going to listen to me this time either. I was just simply adding more facts on my I am tossing my opinion in there as a better choice.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 PM

emonz... i know i am a little new here... but i say, let him get what he wants... if it were my choice... i would like and evo!!! if my pockets were deep. but if i had 15k.... **** man... the gsx with at least 500hp+ would sound a lot better then not even having a fully paid off stock evo. if ya get my drift. maybe if there were 40k to spend on a car i would tell him to get an evo... but on a lower budget hell, i would pick the gsx.. as long as its a 6bolt!

honestly... i would want to have a gsx lookswise over the evo also, but if money wasnt really an object evo all the way!!!

actually, just for ****z n giggles... if i had 40k+ to invest into a car... i would go with a 93-95 supra twin turbo... and put a 12,000$ all wheel drive setup on it... and throw on a few major mods.. and push like 600hp outta that at least!! but this is my favorite car in whole world!! especially after i found out with about 12k you can make it AWD!!! holy hell i would **** myself if i could get one of those!!!
WTF??? Am I reading this right??? I think you are a little lost. Let me see 1 AWD supra. I dont think you know much about supras no offense but I am like this sites supra guy. I know more about those than my own car. 97-98 supras >93-96... want me to go into detail

Old 02-01-2007, 07:48 PM

i will find it... i saw it in a showcar magazine. the guy turned a RWD supra into a AWD supra... yeah, dont ask me how they did it but they did it and said it was like a 12000$ hit in the pocket to do the conversion. is there any other conflicting opinions that you have emonz?? i never said that they come like that. i heard there is a kit/ or somebody fabbed up a supra to be awd... i believe it was in MAINE.... cuz i used to live there and visited quite a few performance shops... just an fyi.... you dont have to see one... just take a word for it that somebody got it done, but i will try to find it for you bud. i hope ya dont think this, but i didnt state they come that way from the factory...

Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM

i will find it... i saw it in a showcar magazine. the guy turned a RWD supra into a AWD supra... yeah, dont ask me how they did it but they did it and said it was like a 12000$ hit in the pocket to do the conversion. is there any other conflicting opinions that you have emonz?? i never said that they come like that. i heard there is a kit/ or somebody fabbed up a supra to be awd... i believe it was in MAINE.... cuz i used to live there and visited quite a few performance shops... just an fyi.... you dont have to see one... just take a word for it that somebody got it done, but i will try to find it for you bud. i hope ya dont think this, but i didnt state they come that way from the factory...
there is no AWD kit. If you take someones word for something your a fool. Do you know how many people lie. When it come to cars I belive NOTHING untill I see it. and I have been a Supraforums member for like 4-5 maybe 6 years now. I know almost everyone who has them. I KNOW how the supras come I know that is not what you were saying. Trust me I am years deep into the supra research as I said I know more about those than I do about my own car. I also know with out turning the motor and and getting a sidemounted tranny yyou cant get AWD from that car. Not to mention RWD is better tha AWD anyways. RWD in a built drag car will always out launch a built drag AWD car. not to mention the supra is already a heavy pig why add more weight and add AWD which would create more power loss threw the drivetrain??

Trust me dont get me started on teh supra.

here on a supra site that has over 2,500,000 total post here is my AWD supra search results

If it was real then im sure one of the 31,000 members here would have known about it buy now. Im not trying to be a jerk so please dont take offense by what I say.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 PM

you werent the only person telling me not to build my 420a.... i'm pretty sure i had all of 1 person backing me up on that and that was me... everybody else was smart enough to tell me not to. and it isn't all the money that changed my mind, its the fwd that got me wanting to change. and now thati know what i'm talking about when it comes to these cars... yes i do see the DSM as a better investment. don't get all pissy saying "you never listen to our advice AT ALL" i have several ppl cheering me on about this. if i get the EVO in 6-9 months.. with all my bills plus my savings out of my checks i wouldn't be 550-650whp until i pay the car off or get a 10k a year raise. YES we have confirmed that evo's are nasty, but w/ some money so are gsx's... anybody else want to throw their 2cents in?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

Sure the evo is a better car... but in all fairness the DSM is a faster platform.

I think he is listening just fine EMonz. He didnt listen with the 420a thing...and he admits that...and he has changed his ways.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Sure the evo is a better car... but in all fairness the DSM is a faster platform.

I think he is listening just fine EMonz. He didnt listen with the 420a thing...and he admits that...and he has changed his ways.
The DSM is is also 100 yeasrs older than the Evo8-9 so in all fairness give us Evos a few years and its all over. not to mention we are over 1000HP these days

Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 PM

i guess the guy at the performance shop was just lying then. but that is fukin gay if he really cared enough to lie about that! well, i dont care... even if the supra cant be awd it is still my favorite and have always wanted a rwd one!!! since i knew what a car was lol.... i just hoped that there was truth to the awd supra.. woulda been cool. still pick it over any other car!!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

yes i do see the DSM as a better investment. don't get all pissy saying "you never listen to our advice AT ALL" i have several ppl cheering me on about this. if i get the EVO in 6-9 months.. with all my bills plus my savings out of my checks i wouldn't be 550-650whp until i pay the car off or get a 10k a year raise. YES we have confirmed that evo's are nasty, but w/ some money so are gsx's... anybody else want to throw their 2cents in?
Dude I am not pissy at all. I am just trying to shed some light. the GSX is NOT a better investment it is an easier investment but long term the Evo will benefit more. I like DSMs but for the money and head ach the Evo is a better fit. Do me a favor before buying anything just testdrive one of each and Joyride. If you drive an Evo youll need to own it lol. Get what you want how would I be stopping you? lol Its not gonna hurt my feelings I have had experience with both cars and know the way they drive. I love it everyone thinks I am worked up over this I am not losing any sleep at night at all trust me.

Quick Reply: gsx setup, what do you think?