2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Help Get Me Started

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Default RE: Help Get Me Started

pull your air filter and look inside the intake you will see a black pipe right in the middle of it. cut it out of there.. i do not have mine recirculating,i vent mine im running a maf translator

Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 AM

How much did that cost, the HKS one was like 1 grand.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:17 PM

With the translator you can dump to the atmosphere. Otherwise, without like a VPC or ARCII, removing the tube is gonna screw things pretty badly, like nate said. C'mon, you gotta give provisions for a mod before telling people to do it! The guy goes and cuts the tube and doesn't know he needs a MAFT or ARC and then he's like "wtf???". Nate, i got a Transltor Plus from Bailey enginnering that i was gonna modify for DSMs. Since the Spyder is gone, i'm gonna try and sell it for like $70. I posted it on the trader, but too many deals fell through. Anyways, you can use the MAFT Plus on with any 3" or 3.5" MAF, and do a dump setup like 96awd, or just a blowthru. I don't have the MAF, i was trying to find an LS6 Maf to use, but they were still kinda expensive. And then i got rid of the spyder.....soo......!

Old 11-03-2004, 09:18 PM

With the translator you can dump to the atmosphere. Otherwise, without like a VPC or ARCII, removing the tube is gonna screw things pretty badly, like nate said. C'mon, you gotta give provisions for a mod before telling people to do it! The guy goes and cuts the tube and doesn't know he needs a MAFT or ARC and then he's like "wtf???". Nate, i got a Transltor Plus from Bailey enginnering that i was gonna modify for DSMs. Since the Spyder is gone, i'm gonna try and sell it for like $70. I posted it on the trader, but too many deals fell through. Anyways, you can use the MAFT Plus on with any 3" or 3.5" MAF, and do a dump setup like 96awd, or just a blowthru. I don't have the MAF, i was trying to find an LS6 Maf to use, but they were still kinda expensive. And then i got rid of the spyder.....soo......!
ok i guess i have not made it clear. YOU DO NOT CUT THE DUMP TUBE FROM THE TOP OF THE INTAKE. YOUR DUMP TUBE WILL STILL BE CONNECTED TO THE BOV. that black peice of pipe that your dump tube is connected to, goes threw the intake and hangs in the midle of it, and is blocking air that is going to the turbo. you will not have to run a maft translator. or anything else. because your car is still recirculating. i guess i will find some pics of it so you can see what i am saying

Old 11-03-2004, 09:26 PM

ok here ya go

Old 11-05-2004, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 96awd

...... little extra hp.cut the dump tube out of the intake, remove the boost control restriction out of the bcs.....

My bad, I guess i just read your post wrong. Although it really does just say to "cut the dump tube out of the intake". I dunno, if me and nate took it the wrong way, then maybe you should reword the post!