2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Installing new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Default RE: Installing new exhaust

Well I know there are no bolts necessary, and no nuts will go on them because they are just arms with no threads... I was just wondering .... never did this before guys... c'mon, g'me some slack. lol

Old 01-05-2006, 10:34 PM

I thought those "heat shield" things were bolted to the car body, but I was mistaken.. there's a nut and bolt holding the top and bottom parts onto the pipes... and they might not fit on my new GReddy one...if it's bigger that is...

Does stainless steel happen to conduct less heat?... because the GReddy EVO2 is all stainless steel... Just trying to see if these little heat shield things are necessary.. I think they're only on the pipe near the gas tank, but the gas tank has some sort of heat shield on it too.

Ideas, ideas #2, maybe even ideas multiplied by 3? lol smiles around for everyone! ...I'm bored.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

LOL well then **** it go without the heat shield. I wouldn't be TOO worried about it. Mine got torn off by a U join in the road. Tore the heat shield off and ripped a hole in my floorboard

Old 01-06-2006, 10:12 AM

sry to say it sang.. but thats kinda funny to hear..in a sucky way.....plus you dont needa heat shield...now your feet will be nice and toasty while driving down the road :-) and this thread has gone on for too long...half of it is over the cat bolts!.....

Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM

lol, ripped a hole in your floorboard? Damn, that sucks big time.

And yeah, it's been going on for a couple weeks or so, but it's still on the subject of installing the exhaust so I don't see why it should be stopped.... ya know? I might still need help on saturday, then I'd have to post another thread! O_O wouldn't wanna have to do that. lol.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah it sucked. Doin 60 MPH on a freeway and the jackass in front of me dropped a U joint off the back of his truck. Nowhere to go car on the one side jersey wall on the other.... Either wreck or hit the bitch and hope ffor the best... I took hit the bitch. Sucked *** bad.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:55 AM

Did you atlease follow the bastard and make um pay for it ?

Old 01-08-2006, 12:29 PM

I officially hate life guys. I was out there trying to get the CO2 sensor off forever.. thing wouldn't budge... and it wasn't nearly as rusty as the cat nuts, no pun intended. I give up. I'm bringing it to a shop to get ripped off. It's my only option.

Might as well close this thread.

Thanks for all the help and support guys.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:12 PM

HOLY ****.... does anyone read what I post? For the third time THE CAYT HAS STUDS BUILT INTO IT, its made from carbon steel, to drill it out will take forever! You cant jb weld that, it gets way to hot and just wont hold.

Dude no offense but you lack the know how to do this your self, some people are just mechanically inclined... others not so much.

The heat sheild is bull**** that the manifacture puts on to 1 protect the pipe and 2 to disapate heat. Its not nessicary, Your caprpet wont melt your car wont blow up.

The O2 sensor is coated in a substance before its placed in the stock exaust, for some reason it always likes to bond to the metal, me, i cut the wires and marked them and took out the sensor when the exaust was off the car.

Just take it to a shop, your over your head you lack the tools, facilitys, and the general knolage to do this, I am not trying to make fun of you I am trying to help you. ITs going to cost a little bit more but it will be right.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:16 PM

I know I don't have the knowledge otherwise I wouldn't have started this thread in the first place... so saying that was pretty pointless. I don't have the tools... as I have recently found out, hahahaha... and mechanically inclined has nothing to do with it.. its a freakin' nut dude... a metal doghnut with threads in the center... I mean.. it's very complex, I know, but c'mon now

Anyways, I already said I was taking it to a shop and I can't do it myself.. I don't really see why it was necessary to make your last post.

Quick Reply: Installing new exhaust