2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

INTERIOR LIGHTS WENT OUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Default INTERIOR LIGHTS WENT OUT

hi, i have a 97' spyder with the lovely 4g64 engine as you might already know, well i was connecting my mirror LED's and the positive and negative touched on accident and shorted out two things in the car, my tail lamps and my interior dash lights for my gauges. Now i found the gauge for the tail lamps and it was blown, that was easy to find for it was just under the hood in the fuse box. Now i want to check the fuse for the interior lights but i dont know where it is, i noticed there are two different spots where fuses are, there is one fuse box under the hood and the other is next to the clutch, the one by the clutch isnt labled and its really hard to pull them out to see if one of them is blown. any body know where the fuse for your interior lights are is there even a fuse? this would help cause i cant see how fast im going at night and this really sucks, ima go cry know....[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Default RE: INTERIOR LIGHTS WENT OUT

yea the fuse for the gauges is in the middle row fourth one from the right in the fuse box near the clutch. I have a 99 spyder so it should be the same.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:58 PM

damn i checked it and the fuse is fine, i think the next step is bringing it to autozone and see if they can diagnose it to see if theres an internal short somewheres otherwise if anyone knows any thing else i can double check let me know, any info thx

Old 05-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well I'd have to say carefully hand over hand examine the wires for any type of breaks or vuts. You will probably need to get an inspection mirror. Also you can check the positive sides for ground with an ohmmeter. Those are about the only recommendations I can think of for that problem. If the fuses are fine then hat's the only other problem unless ou've somehow crossed the + wires and somehow overloaded the bulbs themselves and blown it. Check the bulbs and see if they are good still.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:22 PM

okay i put in a new fuse for the tail lamps and the interior lights work now, weird, but anyways thx, so arnt you from the VA Beach area, cause im in portsmouth right now and was wondering where a good place to go for people to work an eclipse and do quality work. ohh this is for Sanguinius dude, aight peace love harmony

Old 05-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you're looking for a quality job and someone that KNOWS what he's doing go to Lynnhaven Accu Tune N Lube (Close to the mall yellow and blue shop by pep boys) and ask for Larry. Rob is the manager but Larry came from a Mitsu dealership and knows about everything there is to know about mitsus. If you're looking for aftermarket work I do audio and lighting in my spare time and there is a place again by Lynnhaven right by 264 that deals almost exclusively in mutsu aftermarket work. I can't remember the name of the place but if you hit up the lynnhave Accu Tune (I also work there LOL) I'd be more than happy to help you find the place. BTW my name is Eric. Drop me a line and let me know if you plan on stopping out Thursday is supposed to be my day off there. (Though they usually call me in anyways LOL)