Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Dashboard Lights went out

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Default Dashboard Lights went out

I need some help on how to diagnose my dashboard light on a 2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited Edition... after installing a headunit the dimmer for the dashboard started burning causing whole dashboard light to not turn onwhen head light is on. First i thought it was just the dimmer switch cause i saw parts of the case melting but i noticed that when i removed the switch the shifter indicator also turned of for some reason and the 4 wheel drive indicator was also off. this morning i noticed the 4 wheel drive indicator is on and the shifter indicator is also on but nothing on the dash board. I checked the fuse its good I tried to trace the wire but no luck i guess i need to remove the whole dash board.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Default RE: Dashboard Lights went out

That sucks. I think your idea on removing the dash is the only way to go... Hopefully you will find the source of the problem.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Default RE: Dashboard Lights went out

After a trip to the dealer I was notified that it wont be cover by the warranty since i installed a new HU and car alarm voiding the manufacturer warranty but they were nice enough to do a diagnostic test for $98 and replaced a burned fuse. I was adviced to purchase a new dimmer switch so hopefully that will fix the problem but if i want them to fix it, it will run from $500 - $600 cause the whole dash board has to come off. a little light on the dash is a quick fix just tap it on a live connection and a simple switch. The dimmer is $60 by the way