2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

newbie with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Default RE: newbie with a few questions

you can use a GM-MAF on a stock-ecu without the translator.
all you'd really need to do is (the short way) adjust the maf-map in the stock-ecu and burn the bin-file back to the eprom and base it all off the output (in hz) from the stock maf-plug.

another way would be to just use a map sensor on the stcok-ecu. the same deal applies. change a few bytes in the ecu-code and adjust for injector size (shorten the pulse width). yada yada should be good to go.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: domestickilla

you can use a GM-MAF on a stock-ecu without the translator.
all you'd really need to do is (the short way) adjust the maf-map in the stock-ecu and burn the bin-file back to the eprom and base it all off the output (in hz) from the stock maf-plug.

another way would be to just use a map sensor on the stcok-ecu. the same deal applies. change a few bytes in the ecu-code and adjust for injector size (shorten the pulse width). yada yada should be good to go.
does the same apply for the EVO I havent seen any with the GF MAF and that was always a good modd on the DSMs

Old 11-28-2005, 09:05 PM

for the evos you can just reflash the stock ecu

Old 11-28-2005, 09:07 PM

ok you are talking a different laungage now i'm coming from mini trucks lol what is the safc what kind of money am i looking at there How big of a deal is the fixing of the stock ecu to run with the gm is the gm alot better or what is the purpose of swapping i can do about anything mechanical wise but when it gets into electrical put me in the back Thanks for any help

Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: domestickilla

for the evos you can just reflash the stock ecu
An ECU flash wont lose my MAS. the GM flow alot better at least I thought so. im not to keen on the flash anyway. id rather get a utec or a standalone and get a full tune.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 1997gsteclipse

will it hurt to run 11 - 13 psi with all my stock fuel i've got a air fuel gauge but i think it is messed up it doesn't move at all stays on rich all the time. i don't have alot of money right now to do a turbo upgrade i would really like too but just want it to be real reliable before i go pushing more stuff towards it. will doing the bigger turbo, fuel help it out and actually still let it live or is it just going to kill it really quick killing the performance by installing a front mount? is that b/c it looses a psi of boost mounting one or what. when upgrading your turbo will it put out more boost or does it just let it spool up quicker. May have to look into it like i said when i do soemthing i want to do it right thanks for any help i get
The a/f ratio gauges that auto meter sell are 2f&2f. They are just for show and if it did work wouldnt tell you anyhting anyway. They hook into the stock 02 sensors signal, the stockers have an element in them to accureatly measure stoitchomitery(daily driving/yellow band) At wot they cant actureatly measure the richness. For example with my autometer reads the same green lights for 11.7 a/f(rich wot reading) that it does for 15.2(lean closed loop fuel circut).
You can get a bosh 02 sensor but the problem is that you wont get a volt reading from the autometer just blinkly lights.

The stock gst fuel system can handel 16psi.

For the front mount, it just cools the intake charge temp along with the egt's... colder air=denser air= burns better=more power. For the lack of spool time, it depends on what size the piping is(bigger isant better) and the flow of cfm's through the intercooler. Many companys that make a kit specifically make it for a certian turbo setup. I reccomend reading up on modding a gst on dsm tuners.com You can sit for hours upon hours and not be able to read it all.