2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

oil in my radiator

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Default RE: oil in my radiator

Thanks man.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 PM

anyone else have an opinion before i dump money in a turbo? The shop where i took my car is very well known to screw people over (I learned this yesterday). Could i have a cracked head still?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM

An eclipse is currently dying people!!! Someone has had to have this problem before

Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM

so it is your original factory turbo as far as you know? if so, you definitley need to replace it anyways.... have you pulled your intake off and check what the wheel and inside of the turbo look like from there? or check the turbo to intercooler hose and see if it is oil at all... just see if there is any shaft play in your turbo. if there is alot, it needs to be replaced anyways... and an fpbig28 is a awesome turbo and it bolts directly to the whole stock setup.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM

you could possibly have a cracked head too though, if you pull it and go to a GOOD mechanic they can check.. but a cracked head would make the car run like butt too lol, it would lose compression

Old 11-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: nick_200321

you could possibly have a cracked head too though, if you pull it and go to a GOOD mechanic they can check.. but a cracked head would make the car run like butt too lol, it would lose compression
a cracked head would not nesessarily cause low compression. Its along the same lines as the head gasket. It doesnt always cause low compression. Most of the time, yes it will. But not always.

Why would you bring it to a mechanic that you know is known to screw people. I dont get it. So you say they changed the gasket and timing belt. For that price they did it, id be a bit weary. What ever came about with the oil cooler?? Did you check that

Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM

I learned they **** people after i got my car back and talked to a lot of people. It is a t25, it has little shaft play. No oil in my ****ty stock pipes. I didnt check the oil cooler that well. After cussing them out several occasions and threatening to sue it is now currently back in the shop being fixed for free. whatever was causing the leak, got so bad when i got it back that i was flushing the radiator once a day and adding oil. No water is leaking into the oil its just the opposite. The day befor i took it back again i finally had enough, my overflow cap and popped off and the mixture exploded all over the engine bay ( i wish i had a pic i garantee no one here has seen this in an eclipse). The mixture was like wood glue, there was no water left in my radiator or engine, just wood...glue... What was crazy is 8 hours befor that morning i had completly flushed the radiator twice. i was babying this car since i had gotten it back and it had gotten worse. The only other noticable problem was that when i flushed it i gave it a test run and it was missing very very badly. its not my plugs or wires because they are new and ran me around $140 from autozone.

2 months befor i had this problem the seal in my oil cooler had broken and dropped all my oil on the road. I had the same mechanic shop replace it ( I wish i did it myself ). Could they have just been stupid and put it on wrong? I told them to test the oil cooler this time by removing itand to plug shut one line a piece and run an air hose through one oil line to see if pressure is coming through the coolant line. this would indicate a leak. Any ideas guys? Message me for my cell number if you want a lot more questions. Thank you