2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

SAFC II

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: SAFC II

aperently the NEO tunes 50RPM inrements the SAFCII does only 200RPM. Which doesnt make much difference in that sence cause the have you tune those things in 600RPM incerments anyway. Im sure teh NEO has more on top of that though

Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 AM

Ok so on a stock GSX ( my beater) 14b, stock as it gets. What would be the fuel correction % for putting on a 2g MAF? Im putting a SAFC II on that heap of **** also. I have bigger injectors if i need them but i'd like to leave the stock 450's in. Wouldnt too much correction start getting into the fuel cut of the ECU early? You can get 50% correction either way on the afc2
or should i just hack the 1g MAF thats on it and readjust the afc
im gonna end up making the ugly rusty car the fast one just to mess with people

Old 01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

i cant really tell you exactly what a correction is gonna be. Its a guess and check type method. Just change the % a bit and see the cars reaction and keep trying new #'s. Because your tune is going to be non linear. As the rpms increase, the percentages will increase as well

Old 01-19-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i cant really tell you exactly what a correction is gonna be. Its a guess and check type method. Just change the % a bit and see the cars reaction and keep trying new #'s. Because your tune is going to be non linear. As the rpms increase, the percentages will increase as well
this is a horrible idea dont do that. If you dont have a wideband then dont change the corrections. DSMs on stock fuel can hardly be changed anyways. If you lean it you your gona start knocking and detonation

Old 01-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Im going on that he has a wideband

Old 01-19-2007, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Im going on that he has a wideband
did he say he does? dont assum your telling someone to do something retarded all because you assume one thing

Old 01-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: racerx55

well i bought an Apexi SAFC II now cuz the one in my car flipped the hell out and made the car die on the way home and i had to half rewire my**** in the dark with a lighterto get the POS to run again. im beginning to wonder if this this wasnt half my problems to begin with. now i sit here scratching my head trying to figure it out. I have a wideband a/f ratio gage, where abouts should i tune the ratio to at WOT. i know it should be on the rich side to help avoid knock but im not sure how far is too far. My logger isnt working right either, i think when my alternator **** out it took some stuff with it at about 18 volts.
Iveheard people say the knock display stuff on the SAFC is worthless to a DSM because of its "microphone" type sensor and you should only go by the logger. i dunno just going by what i hear.[sm=headbang.gif]
i wonder if i coudlnt make a GM knock sensor work with the SAFC only to give it a functional signal.
Definately something im gonna try to work with and will post it if i figure it out.
from his veryfirst post. So what i said is fine then

Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 PM

I have a wideband in both of my cars
The GSX im getting the crazy MAF fluctuation on the graph -
i know i can get confusing having 2 cars -one pretty much stock and the other with lots of mods
Thetalon i got tuned really nice i think now, its snowy & ****ty so im leaving it sit in the garage.- thats the car with all the mods. Sorry to jump off to a different car on the same thread.
my GSX (almost stock) is where im having problems now, i think im getting MAF overrun. its showing a peak of just over 1900 Htz but its crazy all over the scale by 1600 Htz, i see the Htz with sudden random drops on the graph down to 400-500 sometimesand i feel the engine ****tin out along with it from going lean on & off so fast like that. I thought they usually made it to 2100 before they went nuts, but its 15 years old anythings possible. I turn the boost down to 12 and it still does it just at a higher RPM. There are absolutely no boost leaks whatsoever on that car & it'll actually hold pressure after unhooking the air hose for quite a while.
Thats why i want to either hack the stock 1g MAF and hope it cures it, or put on this 2g MAF and hope it works considering i have no clue where it came from or if its even the right one. I took the lower honeycombs out of the stock MAF already and adjusted the AFC up a little untill it came back to 11:1 but then by 5500 rpm the MAF still goes crazy. its a stock 14b with the inducer about half burnt off the turbine running 15-16 psi - spikes to 18 for a split second. As it gets beyond 5800 the boost will fall off from 15 to 13 by 6200 where i normally shift. Thats expected out of a turbo in that bad of shape. i'll put my good 16g on it when i get the MAF straightened out or whatever is causing the crazy fluctuations.
With the 2g i doubt ill be able to compensate enough fuel without putting in a fuel pump and some bigger injectors i have laying here. Its a rusty heap so i really dont wanna go anywhere near fuel lines on it. [&:]
Ill try anything, its not gonna break my heart to let this rattly *** 240,000 mile engine detonate a few times till i can tweak it. i just dont know where to start if i go either way. If i blow it up ill laugh at it and put another motor in it.
Thnaks for all the input so far

Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 PM

Right now I have the noro virus so im not doing much other than making often trips to the bathroom.. But On an average mines running around 30%. It starts out lower, but higher rpms is around that.. Im running bigger injectors and a bigger turbo, so you might want to try it around 10% on that 14b.. I wouldnt think you would need a high correction with what you have on there... Ill try to get out in the garage this weekend once im feelin better and check all my settings and let ya know..

Old 01-20-2007, 03:37 AM

I'm up to 21% on it and cant seem to get enough fuel before i get fuel cut. I'm only running 15 psi.
On the afc readout, is the Karman Htz displaying what is actually coming from the MAF or is it showingwhat itssending to the ECUwith compensation?

Quick Reply: SAFC II